View Full Version : Jason Johnson

T-Bag
12-30-2003, 12:08 PM
to the Tigers.....................

Iwritecode
12-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by T-Bag
to the Tigers.....................

December or not, can we officially call this off-season a bust?

Foulke You
12-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Agreed. Anyone else seeing the tumbleweed roll past Comiskey Park as well as hearing the crickets chirping?

T-Bag
12-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Relax people we got Juan Uribe, all is good in the world.

Good Lord have mercy on our souls this year.

Baby Fisk
12-30-2003, 12:25 PM
Right about now is where KW stuns everybody with a trade nobody saw coming, but he had cooking slowly for the past month. Over to you KW!

KW?

Hey, Kenny, you there?

Kenny?

:KW
*zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......*

anewman35
12-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Exactly one year ago (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16299)

We didn't end up thinking the off-season was such a bust, did we? The season is still 3 months away, so that leaves plenty of off season. Calm down.

raul12
12-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Exactly one year ago (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16299)

We didn't end up thinking the off-season was such a bust, did we? The season is still 3 months away, so that leaves plenty of off season. Calm down.

and remind me again, what did we win last year? We won Jack and **** and Jack left town.

TornLabrum
12-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by raul12
and remind me again, what did we win last year? We won Jack and **** and Jack left town.

And to all of you optimists out there, exactly what have we won since Jerry Reinsdorf bought this club? In fact, exactly what have we won since 1917?

:reinsy

"See, I'm just upholding a tradition. Sox fans enjoy losing. In fact, I want to win more than they do."

maurice
12-30-2003, 12:41 PM

What does a "cubs sign Rod Beck thread" have to do with anything?

The Colon to the Sox deal was rumored long before it happened. The only credible rumors this offseason are the ones that say the Sox will dump salary (probably Maggs) to meet artificial budget constraints.

Iwritecode
12-30-2003, 12:56 PM

At least at this point last season we thought we had a reliable closer and first baseman. There were also rumors swirling about obtaining a #1 starter.

So far the only rumors for this year are getting rid of our all-star right fielder and KW saying that they won't be obtaining any big-name pitchers...

34 Inch Stick
12-30-2003, 01:08 PM
I am still giving it time. However, I am resigned to the fact that Magglio will be dealt some time this year. If that is true, he should be moved now while the value is highest to other teams. I noticed the Dodgers have not signed any hitting yet. If they go into the season with that same lineup they will be in trouble.

voodoochile
12-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I am still giving it time. However, I am resigned to the fact that Magglio will be dealt some time this year. If that is true, he should be moved now while the value is highest to other teams. I noticed the Dodgers have not signed any hitting yet. If they go into the season with that same lineup they will be in trouble.

There's a chance that they might get more during the season when they could get a bidding war going, but that would require they start working on it in May or June and not wait until the last minute.

TheRockinMT
12-30-2003, 01:22 PM
The Tigers paid Johnson something like $7M for 2-years. The guys high in wins was 10 and that was last year. We didn't pay Garland that much. The Tigers said they would overpay free agents and they are showing it. I am more upset with the Sox letting all their free agents go and the prospects they gave up for them and now have nothing to show for it.

SSN721
12-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
The Tigers paid Johnson something like $7M for 2-years. The guys high in wins was 10 and that was last year. We didn't pay Garland that much. The Tigers said they would overpay free agents and they are showing it. I am more upset with the Sox letting all their free agents go and the prospects they gave up for them and now have nothing to show for it.

If it is true about the Tigers paying him 7 mil for 2 years then I don't feel that we missed anything with this. Johnson certainly is not the caliber pitcher to demand that much in my opinion, hardly worth half that.

eriqjaffe
12-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by maurice
What does a "cubs sign Rod Beck thread" have to do with anything?

You didn't read far enough... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=145212#post145212)

--Eriq.

kempsted
12-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
Really you should not be upset about that. All of your free agents eligible for arbitration are not worth the money. The new economics dictates you let all your free agents go and look for cheaper ones. If you have been watching NOTHING has been happing. Maybe one free agent a day. The players havn't given up that there is money out there. They will be disappointed for the most part.

tanko
12-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Agreed Tigers overpaid for Johnson I like Lidle better for the Reds at 2,75 for 1 year.What about Moss he would be nice pick up

DirtySouthsider
12-30-2003, 03:29 PM
I still don't get it? What is the point of that post? :?:

Originally posted by eriqjaffe
You didn't read far enough... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=145212#post145212)

--Eriq.

petekat
12-30-2003, 05:06 PM
the Tigers did overpay for a weak pickup...a 30 yr old undrafted amateur free agent, finesse pitcher with limited upside (career Ratio 1.5+). .283 BA, one decent pitch.... a poor man's Shawn Boskie.

Agreed Moss has some upside, or Pavano.

or spend a nickel on reclamation candidates: Tomko, Hermanson, Astacio, Burba, Helling,

Begs the question: why not run Rauch/Cotts/Mnuoz out there?

Daver
12-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by petekat
the Tigers did overpay for a weak pickup...a 30 yr old undrafted amateur free agent, finesse pitcher with limited upside (career Ratio 1.5+). .283 BA, one decent pitch.... a poor man's Shawn Boskie.

Agreed Moss has some upside, or Pavano.

or spend a nickel on reclamation candidates: Tomko, Hermanson, Astacio, Burba, Helling,

Begs the question: why not run Rauch/Cotts/Mnuoz out there?

Munoz has never started,he has been used as set-up/closer.

petekat
12-30-2003, 05:18 PM
oops my bad-

Diaz, Pacheco, anyone, anyone, Bueller?