PDA

View Full Version : Ponson to Mets?

fledgedrallycap
12-30-2003, 09:59 AM
I was poking around the Rumor Mill on CBS.Sportline and read a post which is getting a lot of love mentioning Ponson will likely be signing with the Mets tomorrow...I know you should believe everything you read, but it wouldn't surprise me to coencide with our off-season struggles to-date.

T-Bag
12-30-2003, 10:05 AM
That site sucks, it is full of rumors etc........I read it too and all those guys are idiots that just make crap up. ....for the most part.

TornLabrum
12-30-2003, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T-Bag
[B]That site sucks, it is full of rumors etc........

Maybe that's why it's called the Rumor Mill?

T-Bag
12-30-2003, 10:34 AM
LOL.............good point it is just worse than most.

SoxxoS
12-30-2003, 11:16 AM
Tell you one thing, he isn't going to sign with the Sox.

fledgedrallycap
12-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Well, one thing is for sure; Ponson is in no hurry to sign anywhere. Probably a smart move, because as Spring Training nears and teams start to realize they have three rookies penciled in all over the place - he won't have trouble landing a lucrative contract.

I keep reading that he is waiting for Baltimore to make a move regarding Vlad, if that deal goes through it is a sign he won't be wanted (financially) back.

The only man in the free-world that wants to re-sign with Baltimore :smile: Of course, we're one to talk...

munchman33
12-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
because as Spring Training nears and teams start to realize they have three rookies penciled in all over the place - he won't have trouble landing a lucrative contract.

We shouldn't be worrying ourselves with him then. Let's just concentrate on guys we realistically have a shot at.

tanko
12-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Like Damian Moss

Lip Man 1
12-30-2003, 03:08 PM
The Sox 'realistically' don't have a chance at ANYBODY until they unload payroll.

Lip