PDA

View Full Version : Show takes a cheap shot at Sox fans

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-29-2003, 08:20 PM
My dad is watching Still Standing on CBS 2 right now, and they just took some hits at the white sox fans. The father was trying to find out what his son liked, and then he saw him online looking at baseball standings. The kid said that there's a Cubs vs Sox game tomorrow. His dad asked him if he wanted to go but he said he was already going with White sox fans. The dad was mad because the sox aren't what chicago stands for and he didn't want him to hang around with the wrong kind of people. They're at the game now and the daughter said, you can see the ozone layer from here, 8 rows down!

soxwon
12-29-2003, 09:53 PM
THE GAME WAS AT WRIGLEY- SO THE QUOTE OF OZONE WAS WRONG.
THIS SHOW WAS A REPEAT- IT WAS DISCUSSED WHEN IT WAS ORIGINIALLY RUN.
HOWEVER IT IS AN INSULT TO SOX FANS- OTHER SHOWS LIKE ACCORDING TO JIM ALSO PRAISE THE CUBS.
I DONT GET UPSET- WE WILL NEVER WIN IN THIS TOWN
SO JUST ENJOY OUR TEAM- THEY ARE our team.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Atleast it portrayed most cubs fan correctly, not caring what's going on the field, just talking on their cellphones and such.

TommyJohn
12-30-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
My dad is watching Still Standing on CBS 2 right now, and they just took some hits at the white sox fans. The father was trying to find out what his son liked, and then he saw him online looking at baseball standings. The kid said that there's a Cubs vs Sox game tomorrow. His dad asked him if he wanted to go but he said he was already going with White sox fans. The dad was mad because the sox aren't what chicago stands for and he didn't want him to hang around with the wrong kind of people. They're at the game now and the daughter said, you can see the ozone layer from here, 8 rows down!

You simply have to accept two facts of life:

1. Some people in Hollywood are Cub fans.

2. Many baseball fans like the writer of the show are slobbering,
drooling, fat-gutted, obnoxious, moronic, "my team rules, your
team stinks" "my team is straight, your team is gay" buffoonish
idiots.

fquaye149
12-30-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn

2. Many baseball fans like the writer of the show are slobbering,
drooling, fat-gutted, obnoxious, moronic, "my team rules, your
team stinks" "my team is straight, your team is gay" buffoonish
idiots.[

sounds like a lot of white sox fans i know(me especially)

Meixner007
12-30-2003, 03:59 AM
Yeah, but I argue with cub fans and back up my points with fact...not to say that you don't, but I tend not to use those silly remarks...i leave that to them.

hsnterprize
12-30-2003, 07:22 AM
I watched that show a little bit yesterday. Were there any derogatory remarks thrown at the fans wearing White Sox caps? We all know in reality, people in Sox caps at Wrigley might as well be wearing red targets on their backs...especially if the Cubs are playing the Sox.

thepaulbowski
12-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I watched that show a little bit yesterday. Were there any derogatory remarks thrown at the fans wearing White Sox caps? We all know in reality, people in Sox caps at Wrigley might as well be wearing red targets on their backs...especially if the Cubs are playing the Sox.

And vice versa, anybody wearing a Cubs hat isn't treated too well at the Cell.

SSN721
12-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
And vice versa, anybody wearing a Cubs hat isn't treated too well at the Cell.

In most of the games I went to last year I really only found that true when the person wearing Cubs regalia was mouthing off or being obnoxious. I saw a few at about every game I went to and they were pretty much left alone until they became a nuisance.

maurice
12-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
The dad was mad because the sox aren't what chicago stands for . . . .

The writer apparently thinks that Chicago stands for stupidity and satisfaction with losing. That's more insulting to the city than to Sox fans.

I'm actually glad that Jim Belushi, etc. push the cubs. Do you really want a tubby, no-talent hack associated with the Sox? Jimmy has less talent than his brother's rotting corpse.

I never had a problem wearing Sox gear at the Urinal. The most I got was misinformed comments which easily were countered verbally. From my experience, most physical abuse results from drunk cub fans with big mouths at the Cell. They're looking for trouble and came to the right place.

:gulp: