PDA

View Full Version : Why so low on the team?

Soxdude
12-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah so we lost all those players...but there is still A LOT of time left to sign free agents. Think of January where the bargains go up...KW will get the guys he needs. Why all these 90 loss posts? Didn't you hear Ozzie's statement of playing the game right? Its not all about talent. Did you see KC last year? They are almost the exact identical system of marketing as us, so why so down?
Players lost: Everett, Colon, Graffy, Sully, Gordon
Players still availible: Alomar (May 1st)
Players re-signed: E-Lo, Valentin, Alomar, Schoenweis
So okay checkin the holes here people
Buehrle
E-Lo
(FA/Trade)
Garland
(FA/Trade/Dual of scrapheads)
Moppies-Koch, Marte, Shoenweis, Wright, (FA+Trade) (FA+Trade)
1b-Konerko
2b-Harris
ss-Valentin
3b-Crede
c-Alomar/Olivo/Burke
lf-Lee
cf-Rowand
rf-Ordonez
dh-Thomas
Bench: (Messed up **** here)
So really we need:
SP (2) RP (2) Bench (1) and thats all, plain and simple, so lets all stop bitching and focus on who to get. Questions ladies and gentleman? Good. Now plug the holes with Ozzie's players.

munchman33
12-28-2003, 03:26 PM
The reason a lot of people are upset is because there is no money to plug those holes. Even with them, though, I think we take the division easily.

Huisj
12-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
The reason a lot of people are upset is because there is no money to plug those holes. Even with them, though, I think we take the division easily.

we were supposed to take it last year too. we were supposed to take it the year before that too. we were supposed to take it the year before that too.

in 2000 we took it by surprise. and we've done nothing at all since then. why would we do better now with even more holes in the team? will ozzie really make that much of a difference?

mike squires
12-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Soxdude
Oh yeah so we lost all those players...but there is still A LOT of time left to sign free agents. Think of January where the bargains go up...KW will get the guys he needs. Why all these 90 loss posts? Didn't you hear Ozzie's statement of playing the game right? Its not all about talent. Did you see KC last year? They are almost the exact identical system of marketing as us.

KC finished 3rd last year Sox dude!! :o:

TornLabrum
12-28-2003, 04:37 PM

Just like we did the last three years!

Soxdude
12-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
KC finished 3rd last year Sox dude!! :o:
And their improvement from the years before? Tony Pena? Firey manager like Guillen? I'll give you some time to re-think your statement over.

Soxdude
12-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Just like we did the last three years!
Labrum u seem like a man of pitching, so who do you think we should get, assuming we do have money for 2 starting pitchers and 2 relief pitchers

Soxdude
12-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
we were supposed to take it last year too. we were supposed to take it the year before that too. we were supposed to take it the year before that too.

in 2000 we took it by surprise. and we've done nothing at all since then. why would we do better now with even more holes in the team? will ozzie really make that much of a difference?
2 statements:
A.) A young firey team of athletes.
B.) Ozzie Guillen's versatility and discipline.

TornLabrum
12-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Labrum u seem like a man of pitching, so who do you think we should get, assuming we do have money for 2 starting pitchers and 2 relief pitchers

Assuming we had money, the pitchers I would have gotten are all signed.

Soxdude
12-28-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Assuming we had money, the pitchers I would have gotten are all signed.
What is your two cents on Ponson?

CubKilla
12-29-2003, 11:03 AM
And their improvement from the years before? Tony Pena? Firey manager like Guillen? I'll give you some time to re-think your statement over.

What is there for him to re-think? Where is it written that Guillen will have the same effect on the White Sox that Pena had on KC? And even if Guillen is a manager that has first year success like Pena, KC still finished third. Those are the facts.

KingXerxes
12-29-2003, 11:27 AM
I hate to throw a bucket of water on this thread but anybody who thinks winning this division is a given had better look again. Kansas City will be better than last year, Cleveland will be better than last year and Detroit HAS to be better than last year.

That being said, the White Sox are so thin right now that if a couple of guys get hurt we're in deep crap. Take the proposed pitching staff, and have Buehrle miss five starts win a sore shoulder, and take Ordonez out for a month with a pulled hamstring - all of a sudden we don't look too competitive do we?

It's not just the starting nine which needs help on this team - it's the bench as well. With their "budget constraints" this is going to be one hell of an uphill climb.

kittle42
12-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
With their budget constraints this is going to be one hell of an uphill climb.

Anything referring to JR's self-imposed b.s. should always be in quotes, I would think. "Budget constraints." That just looks better to me. :smile:

Tekijawa
12-29-2003, 11:49 AM
Schoenweisse will be pitching fourth... we have nothing to worry about

KingXerxes
12-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
Anything referring to JR's self-imposed b.s. should always be in quotes, I would think. "Budget constraints." That just looks better to me. :smile:

Done and done.

Hangar18
12-29-2003, 12:18 PM

No....The Reason people are UPSET is the team is Saying they wont spend past a certain Amount (knowing that would mean they would have to SUBTRACT some players)
Thus OPENING MORE HOLES

TornLabrum
12-29-2003, 02:37 PM
What is your two cents on Ponson?

Fat and a candidate for a bad back.