PDA

View Full Version : Let's bring back Baldwin

tanko
12-28-2003, 08:38 AM
What do you think.i don't even know where he is Arizona maybe???

hose
12-28-2003, 08:45 AM
He's finished Tank.

Unless you want him as a bullpen coach he has no value as a pitcher.

tanko
12-28-2003, 08:52 AM
Is he really lkie done,done

Deadguy
12-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by hose
He's finished Tank.

Unless you want him as a bullpen coach he has no value as a pitcher.

Perhaps if he raised the bill of his cap an inch or two, he could actually see the plate.

Realist
12-28-2003, 03:21 PM
JB is a super cool guy. When he first came up with the White Sox he came into a bar I was working at. It was the end of my shift and I ended up drinking Guiness alone with him for hours. We talked baseball the entire time. We disgussed everything from Ted Williams to Scott Rufcorn and he wouldn't let me buy even one round.

I think Baldwin's dugout and clubhouse presence were a key part to the surprise success of 2000 and he's been missed. The chemistry of the Sox hasn't been the same since he left.

I dunno if he still has anything left in the his arm, but if he does, I say scoop him up.

ChiSoxFann
12-28-2003, 03:22 PM
yea he was pretty bad except for the first half of 00 what ever hapened to bill simis?

MHOUSE
12-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxFann
yea he was pretty bad except for the first half of 00 what ever hapened to bill simis?

IIRC we signed him to a minor-league contract last year and he never made it up from AAA. Could he help our bullpen at all?

Baldwin seems pretty washed up. I'd rather have Wright as our long guy.

poorme
12-28-2003, 05:47 PM
Baldwin had a huge heart, but his arm is shot. He might make a good pitching coach.

Simas pitched for AAA Dodgers last year. Did ok.

StillMissOzzie
12-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Billy or Alex?

SMO
:D:

tanko
12-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Who's Alex Simas????

kittle42
12-28-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by tanko
Who's Alex Simas????

And who's Alex Baldwin?

RKMeibalane
12-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Let's not and say we did.

StillMissOzzie
12-29-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
And who's Alex Baldwin?

Sorry, I guess that should have been Alec instead, the actor! That's why they were in teal!

SMO
:gulp:

red faber
12-29-2003, 04:35 AM
bring back baldwin??????

why???????????????????

Dadawg_77
12-29-2003, 10:15 AM
As a NRI it couldn't hurt.

ewokpelts
12-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by tanko
What do you think.i don't even know where he is Arizona maybe???

how bout....no?
Gene

KingXerxes
12-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Forget Baldwin - Let's work on getting Hoyt, Bannister, Seaver, Dotson and Burns all back together.

I believe this is the group that Eddie Einhorn referred to as the "Greatest Starting Rotation Ever Put Together in the History of Baseball." They went on to win around 75 games that year - the team, not the rotation.

TheRockinMT
12-29-2003, 11:48 AM
If James Baldwin can still throw, which I don't know if he can or not, I think it would be a prudent move to sign him to a minor league contract with incentives. He was a good man to have on the team and battled for the win. Does he have anything left? I haven't heard anything about him lately.

Baby Fisk
12-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Anybody know what Wilbur Wood is doing these days? The man was a knuckleballer after all, so he's probably still got the arm.

Everybody wears the red pinstripes when Wilbur's the starter!

JR would love the marketing potential of yet another unie.

KingXerxes
12-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Let's go with Wilbur Wood, Charlie Hough, Hoyt Wilheim and Phil Niekro. Then we won't even need a bullpen because these guys will all pitch around 375 innings each.

Wow a roster with 21 position players - think of the pinch runner possibilities in close games! That should play right into the hands of a proven tactical genius like Ozzie Guillen.

Dick Allen
12-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Anybody know what Wilbur Wood is doing these days? The man was a knuckleballer after all, so he's probably still got the arm.

Everybody wears the red pinstripes when Wilbur's the starter!

JR would love the marketing potential of yet another unie. I saw Wilbur at an autograph show a few years ago and asked him if could make a comeback, that he'd probably be the ace of the staff. He pointed to a wall about 20 feet away and said he couldn't throw the ball from here to there. Disappointing.

tanko
12-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Funny the interest a James Baldwin thread can start.Goes to show how little us Sox fans have to talk about.

Baby Fisk
12-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
Let's go with Wilbur Wood, Charlie Hough, Hoyt Wilheim and Phil Niekro. Then we won't even need a bullpen because these guys will all pitch around 375 innings each.

Wow a roster with 21 position players - think of the pinch runner possibilities in close games! That should play right into the hands of a proven tactical genius like Ozzie Guillen.

This is the kind of "outside the box" thinking that this organization could use! Throw in a Maggs for Wakefield deal, just to keep the rotation young (and give people here some more to gnash their teeth over)!

Tekijawa
12-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes

Maybe we could get wakefield to close then?

One of my favorite times at Comiskey was when I Had Charlie Hough sign a baseball card... He took it from me an looked at it and said, "Son that Card is 20 years old" chuckled and gave it back, I was probably 12-13 at the time.