PDA

View Full Version : Schoeneweis?

Realist
12-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Soooooo... I've read two different articles. One says he's still with the Sox, the other says he's not. Does anybody know his actual status?

Dub25
12-27-2003, 05:03 PM
He was offered arbitration at the deadline last Saturday night. I don't know if that means its going to an arbitrator or if it means they can still negotiate until a certain time and then go to a arbitrator.

LittleBears Suck
12-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Schoenweis has until early January (the 8th, i think) to accept the arbitration offer. If he does, then he must sign with the White Sox, and the team and Schoenweis will have until mid-February to work something out. If they do not, they go to arbitration to determine a salary on a one year contract.

If he does not accept the offer, then he cannot sign with the Sox until May 1st (basically, if he rejects the arbitration, he won't be with the Sox).

Had the Sox not offered arbitration, two things happen. One, Shoenweis is a free agent and can not negotiate with the Sox. Two, if Schoenweis signs with another team, their draft pick next June would not go to the Sox. If Schoenweis rejects arbitration and signs with another team, say Cleveland, then KW gets the tribe's draft pick.