PDA

View Full Version : God, I miss baseball.

jordan23ventura
12-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Winter seems to lull me to sleep. Basketball, football, hockey - they just don't compare. Please, oh great baseball gods, bring me the game I love just a few months early this year.

Palehose13
12-26-2003, 10:34 PM
The Bears keep me content for awhile, but after Sunday it is going to be hell until baseball starts. Hockey is ok, but I just can't get into it and I HATE the NBA. I feel your pain, j23v

doublem23
12-26-2003, 10:48 PM
Agreed... Football and college basketball kind of tide me over until baseball, but I'm missin' it.

mike squires
12-26-2003, 10:50 PM
Hoosier basketball is what keep me going in the winter but with the team they have this year makes me yearn for baseball. Unfortunatly, with the team we may be fielding this year on the diamond I have a feeling I'll be yearning for college basketball during the summer. :(:

southsidegirl
12-26-2003, 11:03 PM
I feel your pain. Only 37 days till Soxfest though! God, a few weeks ago, I realized that the offseason was only half over and I felt like I was gonna cry cuz it's been so long. Maybe I can ask the Sox if I can just hang out at the Cell and pretend there's a game going on. :whiner:

TheRockinMT
12-26-2003, 11:03 PM
There is nothing like baseball. No other sport can keep you charged year round like baseball. I can't wait till Spring Training.

mike squires
12-26-2003, 11:08 PM
Southside girl, you are only 13?! You have got to be officially the youngest poster on the sight!!! Who is the oldest people? I'm 30.

Deadguy
12-26-2003, 11:16 PM
Illini Football and Basketball are what I follow religiously until baseball season begins.

CubKilla
12-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
I feel your pain. Only 37 days till Soxfest though! God, a few weeks ago, I realized that the offseason was only half over and I felt like I was gonna cry cuz it's been so long. Maybe I can ask the Sox if I can just hang out at the Cell and pretend there's a game going on. :whiner:

You'll have to wear a hardhat :D:

I was looking forward to SoxFest. Not anymore. I waste enough money seeing a team that, "can't spend $1.00 when all (they) have is $0.50." No reason to further waste money on hotel, alcohol, food, and a baseball team that don't give a rat's ***.

munchman33
12-27-2003, 12:23 AM
The players will be there, and they care. Just because you think there are a few rotten apples at the top doesn't mean every apple on the tree is bad. There are more good ones than bad ones.

mike squires
12-27-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
You'll have to wear a hardhat :D:

I was looking forward to SoxFest. Not anymore. I waste enough money seeing a team that, "can't spend $1.00 when all (they) have is $0.50." No reason to further waste money on hotel, alcohol, food, and a baseball team that don't give a rat's ***.

If these guys pull a '2000 and have a great amazing year you'll regret not going. And Cub Killa that is no excuse in not going. If you are a die hard Sox Fan you support your team, you'll die hard and go.

DrCrawdad
12-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
God, I miss baseball.

We may be saying this by mid-April 2004. :whiner:

TornLabrum
12-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

That's why I got my minor league tickets early.

joepoe
12-27-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Illini Football and Basketball are what I follow religiously until baseball season begins.

Poor guy. You endure a full year of pain, eh?

Lip Man 1
12-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Pocatello got a record one day's worth of snowfall yesterday. (By the way that's headed Chicago's way...) I shoveled for four hours. Now that poster who asked me if I really watched my old Sox baseball tapes might understand.

Six weeks to spring training. (I can make it...I can make it...)

Of course the potential exist for the opening of spring training to be the highlight of the Sox 2004 season in which case I'll be breaking out the tapes again perhaps by June.

and Mike Squires I don't think we'll have to worry about the Sox pulling a 2000 and some folks missing out on all the fun. (By the way I'm 48)

Lip

CubKilla
12-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
If these guys pull a '2000 and have a great amazing year you'll regret not going. And Cub Killa that is no excuse in not going. If you are a die hard Sox Fan you support your team, you'll die hard and go.

If this team "pulls a '2000'", I'll be at USCF every chance I get. I just have a hard time spending money for a "fan convention" that I was at last season..... when the Sox finished 2nd..... with the only notable additions being manager Ozzie Guillen and Juan Uribe. If the White Sox don't start signing some players and/or trading for some players..... GOOD trades I might add..... I'm going to take a page out of JR's money-books and start "budgeting" my further White Sox expenses. I'll spend my money when JR starts spending his. If the team is doing decently in April and May, I'll go to a few games. If the team is in contention and JR/KW makes some moves that better the team come June and July, I'll go to even more games. If this team is in first come August and September, I'll go to every game I have the opportunity to go to. But as of this posting, I'm now budgeting my White Sox experiences.

If this idea makes me a "fairweather" Sox fan in some people's minds, then so be it. I'll still follow the White Sox on TV, the radio, and in the print media. I'll still post at WSI and other White Sox related websites as much as I do now. I just ain't gonna line JR's pockets w/my money any longer. I've been a Sox fan now for going on 30 years..... and that's just a drop in the bucket compared to some posters here. There comes a time when a fan has to say, 'enough is enough.' Right now is that time for me.

Deadguy
12-27-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Depending on how they're doing in the standings, I'll be saying:

"God, I hate Baseball"

"God, I love Baseball"

"God, I miss midget wrestling"

And regardless of the standings:

"God, why don't any stations carry ladies naked mud wrestling?"

Jjav829
12-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Ugh...I'm still getting over that awful 2003 season. I'm not ready for the 2004 version of Nightmare on 35th street.

I'm perfectly fine with sitting back and enjoying some great NFL playoff action for now. Once that's over I'll be waiting for baseball to return.

PINWHEELS
12-27-2003, 06:24 PM
NFL Playoffs are cool, and so is march madness, But the thought of watching PRO basketball and hockey in this town is sickning!

Daver
12-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
NFL Playoffs are cool, and so is march madness, But the thought of watching PRO basketball and hockey in this town is sickning!

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Jjav829
12-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS

Welcome Aboard! :D:

But who said we had PRO basketball/hockey in this town? :smile:

PINWHEELS
12-27-2003, 06:36 PM
Hey thanx lads! good to be on board.