PDA

View Full Version : Seon Lowe or Jon Garland?

beausox
07-23-2001, 11:43 PM
I would rather have Lowe in the bullpen and Garland in the rotation. Wells, Buerhle, and Biddle are already starting, Garladn is younger and will probably be better than all three of them. Lowe has had a lot of success out of the bullpen the last couple of years. In 2002 our rotation could very well be Wells, Buerhle, Garland, Biddle, Rauch (if he comes back from his injury ok).

Daver
07-23-2001, 11:51 PM
Rauch will pitch in Charlotte next year and Sean is better than most give him credit for,we will see the rotation for next year in the spring of 2002(assuming there will be one).But then again what the hell do I know.

doublem23
07-23-2001, 11:56 PM
Right now, let's let Lowe pitch himself out of the rotation. Garland is building up his confidence, so we still have to be careful with him.

Obviously, Garland is the starter of the future when compared to Lowe, but we always say to go with the hot bat in the lineup, so lets go with the hot hand in the rotation, and right now, that is still Sean Lowe.

Soxheads
07-23-2001, 11:59 PM
jon has to show first that he can pitch effectively at least two starts in a row

rmusacch
07-24-2001, 12:23 AM
I vote for Garland.

doublem23
07-24-2001, 12:25 AM
Yeah. don't rush Rauch back from surgery. He'll only be 23 at the start of next season, and he's never pitched a game higher than AA Birmingham.

Jerry_Manuel
07-24-2001, 12:28 AM
Yeah. don't rush Rauch back from surgery. He'll only be 23 at the start of next season, and he's never pitched a game higher than AA Birmingham.

I am pretty sure he was in AAA when he got hurt, but I might be wrong.

doublem23
07-24-2001, 12:33 AM
I thought he had surgery before the season started. If not, then he was definately in AAA before he went down.

I got that from the media guide, which obviously doesn't have anything from this year.

Either way, Rauch has little to no expierence in the bigs, so he'll need a helluva spring to get onto the Sox Opening Day Roster let along the rotation.

I'd say Jon Rauch will be a mid-season call-up in 2002. If not, expect him in 2003.

Jerry_Manuel
07-24-2001, 12:38 AM
Oh yeah no chance he makes the rotation next year if there is baseball. I was just making the point that he has pitched above AA ball.

danman31
07-24-2001, 02:34 AM
Will be the aces of this rotation by 2003. They are the future of this team. Now don't get the idea that I think Kip and Buehrle suck. I don't. They are also part of this future for the Sox that is looking very bright. We could be the next Atlanta Braves. I may be alone here, but being a perenial playoff loser isn't bad as long as you get that one World Series like Atlanta did. I'd gladdy become that. While the flubs sit in the cellar.:) :) :)