PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Sox Fans


LoveTheSox
12-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Due to the proposed budget for next season, it seems that we won't be seeing our team make any large strides toward greatness. I know it's early, but I'm a sox fan, and therefore naturally pessimistic. Next year we will complain about the same things we always complain about; the names change but it's still the same old story. Our team will be the picture of mediocrity.

With today being Christmas and all, I thought it might be fun to see what sox fans really want. Forget the budget. Which free agents would you want Kenny to bring to the Southside if you could have anyone at all?

I know I don't post very often, I usually just like to read what other Sox fans are thinking, but I want to wish everyone a very happy holiday season.

Go Sox!

TornLabrum
12-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by LoveTheSox
Due to the proposed budget for next season, it seems that we won't be seeing our team make any large strides toward greatness. I know it's early, but I'm a sox fan, and therefore naturally pessimistic. Next year we will complain about the same things we always complain about; the names change but it's still the same old story. Our team will be the picture of mediocrity.

With today being Christmas and all, I thought it might be fun to see what sox fans really want. Forget the budget. Which free agents would you want Kenny to bring to the Southside if you could have anyone at all?

I know I don't post very often, I usually just like to read what other Sox fans are thinking, but I want to wish everyone a very happy holiday season.

Go Sox!

Are there any free agents left?

miker
12-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by LoveTheSox
With today being Christmas and all, I thought it might be fun to see what sox fans really want. Forget the budget. Which free agents would you want Kenny to bring to the Southside if you could have anyone at all?

Go Sox!
Christmas is about giving, not receiving.

And hasn't the Chairman and the press been giving it to us lately... :smile:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Sox fans!

Iwritecode
12-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by LoveTheSox
With today being Christmas and all,

Actually that should read, with today being Christmas Eve and all,

Anyway, after today I probably won't be back on here much until Monday.

So before I forget, I like to wish everyone here on WSI Happy Holidays!!!

Also remember to stay safe if you plan on :gulp:

mike squires
12-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Merry Christmas Sox fans!!! I will be celebrating in Peoria, Il. with my wifes side and enjoying our new borns first Christmas. Back in 1997 I got my then girlfriend a nice "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book and wrote how when we have our first child we can read it to our baby's first Christmas Eve. That will definately be my highlight.

Soxdude
12-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Are there any free agents left?
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=27784

Lip Man 1
12-24-2003, 02:36 PM
God bless us every one....

(and God help us every one!) with this owner we need all the help we can get.

Lip

soxfan26
12-24-2003, 02:56 PM
When asked by MLB.com Ozzie said this is what he would get all Sox fans for Christmas...

Guillen: I would give them belief in our team and patience, and of course, a Merry Christmas and a great New Year. Hopefully, we will put something together and give them something to watch every day at the games.

Guillen's gift bag already stuffed (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20031224&content_id=622228&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha)

ChiSoxBobette
12-24-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
When asked by MLB.com Ozzie said this is what he would get all Sox fans for Christmas...



Guillen's gift bag already stuffed (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20031224&content_id=622228&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha)

Whenever a manager says what Ozzie said about giving Sox fans patience is not a good sign, sound to me like even Ozzie sees the writing on the wall with this team and its owner. I know its already been a long off season but I have a feeling its going to be an even longer season for this team. I can't believe Reinsdorf is going to let the scrubs steal this city from the White Sox, to not even try to sign a free agent who can at the very least make us competitive or sign our own players (Everett,Colon,Alomar)is a joke 20 years of this garbage is enough already. We can't even say Reinsdorf is putting it into our farm system because we don't have anyone down there thats ready to come up. Sad just very sad. JR thinks he owns the Marlins , for gods sake someone show him the rookie ballplayers that system has developed compared to ours thats why every few years the marlins are in the thicke of things they have a great farm system and people who know how to develope young ballplayers, us on the otherhand seem to develope career minor leaguers. Thank you all for listening to me rant that felt good.

Merry Christmas

doublem23
12-24-2003, 03:36 PM
Happy Holidays!

soxrme
12-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Merry Christmas all :)

mike squires
12-24-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
God bless us every one....

(and God help us every one!) with this owner we need all the help we can get.

Lip

I thought Lip was going to have a positive post there for a second...but only for a second. :D:

StillMissOzzie
12-24-2003, 11:33 PM
To Sox fans everywhere: Merry Christmas / Happy Hanukkah / Happy Kwanzaa, and for our friends north of the border, Happy Boxing Day!!

SMO
:gulp:

TornLabrum
12-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
To Sox fans everywhere: Merry Christmas / Happy Hanukkah / Happy Kwanzaa, and for our friends north of the border, Happy Boxing Day!!

SMO
:gulp:

And don't forget Festivus.

StillMissOzzie
12-25-2003, 12:22 AM
And here's also hoping that Santa still recognizes USCF and doesn't do a fly-by...

SMO

voodoochile
12-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidaze to everyone at WSI!

Whatever you celebrate this time of year, I hope you enjoy it with people you love.

:gulp: :)

TornLabrum
12-25-2003, 08:30 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone on the WSI boards!

Hondo
12-25-2003, 10:11 AM
May everyone make it safely back and forth to various destinations.

And may we not have to deal with our family until next Christmas. Just Kidding....Maybe.

It's time for a drink

Jjav829
12-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Merry Christmas to all! Hope everyone got what they wanted, but if you didn't, well hey, just remember what the holiday is really about.

Happy Holidays to everyone!