12-24-2003, 10:17 AM
:reinsy

Angry that Media doesn't treat him like a king

Old in his ideas on running a team and evaluating talent

Bitter-ruins our hot stove season to spite those who dare question his motives

Lip Man 1
12-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Duke:

Don't worry as it says in the Bible..."and this to shall pass..." Let's hope we are all still alive when it does.

Lip

Brian26
12-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Angry that Media doesn't treat him like a king

Old in his ideas on running a team and evaluating talent

Bitter-ruins our hot stove season to spite those who dare question his motives

But he still gets hot chicks.

TornLabrum
12-26-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
But he still gets hot chicks.

From an incubator?

Brian26
12-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
From an incubator?

"No. From Scores (tm)!"

:byrne

"You always were a BIG tipper, Jer."

duke of dorwood
12-26-2003, 02:52 PM

I get my chicks at Sox Fest-why else would I go?

TheRockinMT
12-26-2003, 03:29 PM
I am trying to stay positive about the Sox mis-management team, but after watching every one of our free agents leave and sign for salaries I think were fairly reasonable, I question the vision and the enthusiasm Reinsdorf has for the Sox. We were told that folks like Carl Everett, Roberto Alomar, Bart Colon, et al, were integral parts for a winning 2004 season and now they are all history. The Sox have nothing to show for the loss of a number of prospects. I see no dedication for winning, no desire to put a World Series caliber team on the field, and no thought of the future of the team and its fan base from the ownership.

Daver
12-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
I am trying to stay positive about the Sox mis-management team, but after watching every one of our free agents leave and sign for salaries I think were fairly reasonable, I question the vision and the enthusiasm Reinsdorf has for the Sox. We were told that folks like Carl Everett, Roberto Alomar, Bart Colon, et al, were integral parts for a winning 2004 season and now they are all history. The Sox have nothing to show for the loss of a number of prospects. I see no dedication for winning, no desire to put a World Series caliber team on the field, and no thought of the future of the team and its fan base from the ownership.

In order to re-sign any of those players they would either have to sign them before the deadline or offer them arbitration,under arbitration Everrett would be making 10 mil next season and Alomar would be making somewhere between seven and eight mil.

munchman33
12-27-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Daver
In order to re-sign any of those players they would either have to sign them before the deadline or offer them arbitration,under arbitration Everrett would be making 10 mil next season and Alomar would be making somewhere between seven and eight mil.

I'm glad someone finally pointed that out. I'm sick of these ignorant fans thinking we could resign players to these deals. Players don't want to sign for cheap until after they have exhausted all other means, and that includes arbitration. The only way the sox were resigning them would be to overpay before arbitration, or lose big money to them in arbitration.

Irishlawyer
12-27-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
I'm sick of these ignorant fans thinking we could resign players to these deals.

The fans were just listening to what KW told them. We were sold a pack of lies. This is nothing new (in fact, being lied to by management is part of being a White Sox fan).

misty60481
12-27-2003, 09:43 AM
I cant understand the Sox public relations crew the only news in month is 6 rows of seats removed ( nobody sat in them anyway ) and guy who charged on field goes to jail--bad PR--also I think Ozs big mouth will have him in trouble with players, fans, and media---disgusting that JR doesnt care

CubKilla
12-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
I'm glad someone finally pointed that out. I'm sick of these ignorant fans thinking we could resign players to these deals. Players don't want to sign for cheap until after they have exhausted all other means, and that includes arbitration. The only way the sox were resigning them would be to overpay before arbitration, or lose big money to them in arbitration.

I don't think anyone here, for the most part, is "ignorant." I don't think anybody here realistically thought that JR would actually offer Colon a contract at the end of the season that Colon wouldn't be able to pass up. In fact, the majority of posters that thought Colon, for example, would be back with the White Sox for '04 (I wasn't one of them), they were hoping that the Yankee's (Brown), the Red Sox (Schilling), the Angels (Escobar) etc., would refuse to add Colon because of contracts already acquired/signed. Sox fans were hoping to resign Colon to a White Sox contract after other teams spending money refused to spend anymore.

No one here was "ignorant" to the fact that the White Sox would probably lose Colon, Alomar Jr., Everett, Sullivan, and Gordon. Sox fans were told..... by KW no less..... that resigning Graffenino was, "a priority." I know I was surprised that this Organization, who already has stuck a knife in every White Sox fan's back after Sox fans slowly but surely decided to start going back to Sox games in '03, decided to turn and twist said knife by allowing the likes of Graffenino and Sullivan go to an AL Central foe.

But hey..... we got Uribe!

Jerko
12-27-2003, 11:25 PM
I am starting to think the only reason the Sox made any moves last season was to keep interest in the team during All-Star year.

Brian26
12-28-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
I am starting to think the only reason the Sox made any moves last season was to keep interest in the team during All-Star year.

Nah.

The Alomar and Everett moves were made only days before the Break. What good did any of the moves do after the actual All-Star Game. The team had a shot to win and couldn't produce.