PDA

View Full Version : when are we gonna do something?

soxwon
12-23-2003, 07:38 PM
i am really gettin fed up, im very patient but thats gone, the Crubs signed todd walker, they get these guys so easily.
WHEN the Hell are we going to sign someone other than our own guys.
i want trades FAST, Free Agents FAST,
who else is fuming beside me?

TornLabrum
12-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
i am really gettin fed up, im very patient but thats gone, the Crubs signed todd walker, they get these guys so easily.
WHEN the Hell are we going to sign someone other than our own guys.
i want trades FAST, Free Agents FAST,
who else is fuming beside me?

With a budget of $58 million, what else did you expect? And, yes, it pisses me off.

Hangar18
12-23-2003, 07:51 PM
The Fact the Cubs signed Walker is what has made me FURIOUS.
I cannot believe they got him that cheap, right under our noses.
They pretty much Filled every hole they had, while were WAITING, and our holes just get Bigger,,,,,and Bigger......
Im getting Sick Of This Organization.

soxwon
12-23-2003, 07:59 PM
your both right guys, $58 mill is not alot, but how did arizona and miami do it with a low payroll?
i still think we will have a HUGE sign very soon, i really think MADDUX is ours, or PUDGE, KW is up to something, and there is money available.
i am furious about walker too.
they get hollandswoth, walker lee so easily we have to sell the farm to get a b grade player.
have faith we will SIGN SOMEONE VERY BIG.

poorme
12-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Has Joey Meyer been working out?

Lip Man 1
12-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Greg Maddux has ZERO interest in the Chicago White Sox ditto for Ivan Rodriguez.

Please...just stop it with talking about those two because they are not coming here.

The Sox couldn't sign Todd Walker or Pokey Reese a two time Gold Glove winner to fill their second base canyon. Both signed for one million dollars with the Cubs and Red Sox, and you think the Sox are going to come up with the money to sign Maddux and or Rodriguez?

Optimism is a wonderful thing but let's not get insane.

Lip

Tragg
12-23-2003, 08:24 PM
your both right guys, $58 mill is not alot, but how did arizona and miami do it with a low payroll?

Arizona had an immense payroll as did Fla in 1997- don't know about fla last year

TornLabrum
12-23-2003, 08:31 PM
i still think we will have a HUGE sign very soon, i really think MADDUX is ours, or PUDGE, KW is up to something, and there is money available.
i am furious about walker too.
they get hollandswoth, walker lee so easily we have to sell the farm to get a b grade player.
have faith we will SIGN SOMEONE VERY BIG.

Arizona's payroll is astronomical with all kinds of backloaded and deferred salaries. They are so far in debt, it would make your head spin. Colangelo has had to go to his investors several times for infusions of cash to meet payroll.

As for the Marlins this year with their $50-million (or whatever it was) payroll, they have something we don't: a strong minor league system that has brought them all kinds of young (read inexpensive) talent. Most or ours has been traded away by our former director of minor league operations for veteran rent-a-players who weren't re-signed.

cornball
12-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Arizona's payroll is astronomical with all kinds of backloaded and deferred salaries. They are so far in debt, it would make your head spin. Colangelo has had to go to his investors several times for infusions of cash to meet payroll.

As for the Marlins this year with their $50-million (or whatever it was) payroll, they have something we don't: a strong minor league system that has brought them all kinds of young (read inexpensive) talent. Most or ours has been traded away by our former director of minor league operations for veteran rent-a-players who weren't re-signed.

Remember Arizona did not get MLB money until several years after they came into existence which is catching up to them now.

The sad part of it all, players want to play for the BoSox and Cubs because they are going for it all and have a great chance and will do so at a reduced rate. Walkers statement confirms this as does ARod's.

Player's do not see a chance to win with the Sox and they will need to outbid most teams. Plus their track record of keeping players doesnt help either.

mike squires
12-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Is someone else going to put up the dead horse image or are you gonna make me do it?

ma-gaga
12-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Kenny will probably make one big splash right before soxfest. He has to drive up interest in the team that way.

inta
12-24-2003, 04:30 AM

my god, where can i get some of the drugs you use?
there is NO WAY maddux is coming to the southside next year. I'm sure he would rather retire than end his career Tom Seaver style.
and KW has bigger holes to fill than a top tier overpayed catcher.

TornLabrum
12-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by inta
my god, where can i get some of the drugs you use?
there is NO WAY maddux is coming to the southside next year. I'm sure he would rather retire than end his career Tom Seaver style.
and KW has bigger holes to fill than a top tier overpayed catcher.

For the record, Seaver closed out his career with the Red Sox.