PDA

View Full Version : Happy Festivus! Commence the Airing of Grievances!

Baby Fisk
12-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Who wants to start?

Grievance: There's been a lot of sound and fury over the past two months, which to some has signified huge leaps backwards. To me it seems like we have gone neither forward nor backward. All the sound and fury has signified NOTHING! This means we can look forward to another crummy 2nd place, 5 games out by end of Sept.

kittle42
12-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Who wants to start?

Kruger? My son says you run your company into the ground!

robertks61
12-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Feats of strenght with J.R.

ssang
12-23-2003, 03:34 PM
I have two main grievances:

1) We Have been downgraded SIGNIFIGANLTY with both our starting and relief pitching. No additions whatsoever!

2) We still haven't even heard the slightest little whisper about acquiring a left handed bat or any speed on the basebaths. Not only have we not gone out and gotten anything....we haven't heard one friggin' rumor. NONE!

We need JR to take a dirt nap (if you know what I mean)....ASAP!

kittle42
12-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ssang

2) We still haven't even heard the slightest little whisper about acquiring a left handed bat or any speed on the basebaths. Not only have we not gone out and gotten anything....we haven't heard one friggin' rumor. NONE!

But what about Willie Harris?

Tekijawa
12-23-2003, 03:41 PM

We signed Jose, he can bat left... He just can hit Lefty's

JoeyCora28
12-23-2003, 03:44 PM

I just assumed the front office was busy planning for printing the playoff and World Series tickets after the Miles/Uribe trade.

maurice
12-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Grievance: Media reports rarely distinguish: (1) "signings" which simply avoid arbitration or amount to exercising a contract option, and (2) signing or failing to re-sign an actual free agent.

hillbilly
12-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Frank: "nobody eats til someone pins me"
Kruger: "How bout George wrestles em?"

thepaulbowski
12-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Who gave me this card that states a donation has been made on my behalf to the "Human Fund"? :D:

WLL1855
12-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by robertks61

I'll be first in line to bulldog his sorry ass.

gosox41
12-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Who wants to start?

Grievance: There's been a lot of sound and fury over the past two months, which to some has signified huge leaps backwards. To me it seems like we have gone neither forward nor backward. All the sound and fury has signified NOTHING! This means we can look forward to another crummy 2nd place, 5 games out by end of Sept.

Second place in 2004 seems like a dream right now.

Bob

Hangar18
12-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by robertks61

I hate to say this, old man or not, but he wouldnt want to be
in the same Room with me, let alone the same ring. Imagine
about 2 decades worth of Frustration being unleashed on him.... :angry:

Hangar18
12-23-2003, 07:50 PM
I will Air my Grievance. Why the h*** are we sticking to this
FOOLISH plan regarding our payroll? When we see Good Players being signed everywhere else, particularly 8 miles north?
THAT TEAM is RE-LOADING while were standing still. That team
is going for the KILL and for the White Sox jugular .........
they have Filled every single hole and will now soon get IRod cheap ..... :angry:

BKozi
12-23-2003, 11:08 PM
I'd like to take the Festivus Pole and shove it right up JR's...
That would be Festivus for the rest of us.

duke of dorwood
12-23-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BKozi
I'd like to take the Festivus Pole and shove it right up JR's...
That would be Festivus for the rest of us.

This is the greatest Festivus ever

duke of dorwood
12-23-2003, 11:26 PM
My grievance? What's the big secret?

Its been obvious who the Cubs want. They "leak" to the media. The White Sox maintain silent running-barely detectable by sonar.

And if I had my way, you'd need sonar to detect ANY paying customers, other than the Uribe family, in the BIG BLUE SEA of seats

Baby Fisk
12-24-2003, 12:11 PM
It occurred to me after starting this thread that pretty much every hour of every day it's Festivus on this site! Does the airing of grievances ever stop? :smile:

Anyway, let's turn it over to management, whose feats of strength have so far been underwhelming. Where have you gone, KW?

:KW
*sniffle* "Hey all, I've had the flu. Did I miss much?"

thepaulbowski
12-24-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm waiting for another festivus miracle!!