PDA

View Full Version : Did we miss this during the wait for the "Big Trade?"


miker
12-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Per ESPN, Carlos Lee signs $15 million, two-year deal. Kelly Wunsch signs for another year...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw

Your thoughts?

SSN721
12-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by miker
Per ESPN, Carlos Lee signs $15 million, two-year deal. Kelly Wunsch signs for another year...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw

Your thoughts?

I would say it is good news, I know it isnt much but it seems like the first positive the Sox have made in quite awhile, I am very glad that CLee will be around for another 2 years (unless 8.5 mil becomes too pricey by next year) and Wunsch around for at least another. Now would be nice to read some headlines where we start signing more then our current roster, but still, it is a positive :D:

Foulke You
12-23-2003, 01:19 PM
It actually was discussed here. You probably missed it between the 294 Nomar threads. :D: Here is the link:

Lee/Wunsch WSI thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27664)

jabrch
12-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Isn't Lee non-news in the same way as Buehrle was. They were only arbitration elig. anyhow - so this doesn't get us anything extra? Or did we get one more year out of him this way?

miker
12-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
It actually was discussed here. You probably missed it between the 294 Nomar threads. :D:

Only 294 threads? Not bad for a non-event...now I see why American Idol gets so much press.

Baby Fisk
12-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Kelly rocks. I'm glad he's back for more mayhem.

Hangar18
12-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
anyhow - so this doesn't get us anything extra? Or did we get one more year out of him this way?

Good question. does this mean we get 2 "extra years" of Carlos' bat in our lineup, hitting a ton for us, or does this simply save the SOX from Arbitration for the next 2 yrs regardless?
This offseason sucks