PDA

View Full Version : Opinion Piece in Cubune

wood28
12-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Didn't see this anywhere else,

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/oped/chi-0312230302dec23,1,3510100.story

Frater Perdurabo
12-23-2003, 12:10 PM
I utterly am shocked that the Tribune would allow such unpatriotic dissent on its pages.

miker
12-23-2003, 12:10 PM
I can't believe the Cubune would print such blasphemy against the company softball team and their loyal worshipers...

SSN721
12-23-2003, 12:34 PM
I am shocked and appalled such trash has been printed in my favorite periodical. I certainly hope the ignorant journalism intern whos mistake it was that this was printed and posted online has been or is in the process of being fired. The integrity and unbiased nature of the Cubune is at stake.

miker
12-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Maybe this is their version of "Fair and Balanced?"

SSN721
12-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by miker
Maybe this is their version of "Fair and Balanced?"

I would imagine so, I would think now they have to print at least 100 letters from Cubs fans saying how classless the White Sox fan was that wrote that horrible letter and how revered their curses, traditions, and team are by the rest of the country and their brethren Red Sox fans. Lord knows us White Sox fans never have to suffer with having a bad team.

Dick Allen
12-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Buy that man a beer (or two).

Tragg
12-23-2003, 01:13 PM
"The White Sox still is the franchise of choice for discerning local baseball fans who like their teams straight up without all that sappy stuff. "

Exactly

Iwritecode
12-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Shouldn't that be in the sports section of the paper???

Frater Perdurabo
12-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Shouldn't that be in the sports section of the paper???

It was those dirty rotten Sox fans who hacked into the Tribune web site. They are the same people who corked Sammy's bat, planted Bartman to interfere with the foul ball and attacked the umpire and Kansas City coach at "whatever the're calling the Ballmall nowadays!"

Foulke You
12-23-2003, 01:32 PM
The regular Tribune sports editor must be on vacation for the holidays. That is the only explanation for how this letter slipped through the cracks. I'm sure whoever made the decision to print this will get suspended without pay and forced to approve dozens of future articles on little Darren Baker's public appearances, how the Wrigley Field groundskeeper is spending Christmas, and what celebrity special guests will be at Sammy Sosa's next party in the Dominican.

Iwritecode
12-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
The regular Tribune sports editor must be on vacation for the holidays. That is the only explanation for how this letter slipped through the cracks. I'm sure whoever made the decision to print this will get suspended without pay and forced to approve dozens of future articles on little Darren Baker's public appearances, how the Wrigley Field groundskeeper is spending Christmas, and what celebrity special guests will be at Sammy Sosa's next party in the Dominican.

:knue

My ears are ringing...

Rocky Soprano
12-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Anyway to find this guy and send him an e-mail thanking him?

Man Im going to forward this to all the Flub fans I know.