PDA

View Full Version : Javy Lopez to Orioles

StillMissOzzie
12-22-2003, 06:19 PM
Per ESPN.com, the Orioles have agrred to terms w/ Javy Lopez, for a 3/$22.5 M deal including a $1.5M signing bonus. In a related matter, this closes another door for Ivan Rodriguez.

As I mentioned earlier, Boras claimed he had a 4/$40 M offer pending for I-Rod, although no team has stepped up to claim this offer, nor signed him.

IMHO, Boras has gone to the well once too often with this stunt, and will hurt his cridibility with his client base in the future.

SMO
:gulp:

hold2dibber
12-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Per ESPN.com, the Orioles have agrred to terms w/ Javy Lopez, for a 3/$22.5 M deal including a $1.5M signing bonus. In a related matter, this closes another door for Ivan Rodriguez.

The Orioles will come to regret this decision. Not a great idea to sign a 34 year old catcher coming off of a career year to a big money contract based upon that career year. I'm thinking that $8 million/year could be used much more effectively.

Soxdude
12-22-2003, 07:13 PM
I really hope this I-Rod signing doesn't involve the Cubbies... :angry:

Foulke You
12-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Soxdude
I really hope this I-Rod signing doesn't involve the Cubbies... :angry:

I think the Michael Barrett trade indicates the Flubs are out of the I-Rod derby unless they can get him for a bargain. The Cubs have a budget they stick to as well, albeit a much higher budget than ours. :(:

I tend to wonder with I-Rod's history of injuries, why would any team gamble on a 4 year, $40 million deal for him? I-Rod should have taken that Marlins contract, he is probably going to regret it.

kittle42
12-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I think the Michael Barrett trade indicates the Flubs are out of the I-Rod derby unless they can get him for a bargain.

I have heard LA has interest. I wish they would just sign him and quit peddling their "we'll be garbage in the AL" to us for Magglio and CLee.