PDA

View Full Version : Does any body else see a pattern?

Soxdude
12-22-2003, 04:57 PM
For all or most of the teams in Chicago, the other teams, like the Sox do not bring in role players, except for the flubs. I have noticed in recent years that there are things wrong with our economy, but honestly, Chicago is one of the largest cities in the US, so why can't we attract players? My guess is the weather.

kittle42
12-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Soxdude
For all or most of the teams in Chicago, the other teams, like the Sox do not bring in role players, except for the flubs. I have noticed in recent years that there are things wrong with our economy, but honestly, Chicago is one of the largest cities in the US, so why can't we attract players? My guess is the weather.

I would say the weather has little if anything to do with it. The weather in New York sucks, for example. My guess would be that it is the tightwad and hard-headed owners.

Foulke You
12-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
I would say the weather has little if anything to do with it. The weather in New York sucks, for example. My guess would be that it is the tightwad and hard-headed owners.

Make that two votes for "tightwad and hard-headed owners". :D:

kittle42
12-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Oh, and when the owners *do* decide to spend money, they screw it up by sending an entourage led by Benny the Bull to the airport.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-22-2003, 05:41 PM
well, weather could be a problem if the owners would actually try to get someone! :(:

Soxdude
12-22-2003, 05:47 PM
I would think sending Benny the Bull would piss them off. But the lovables would be loved by the Free Agents. OOO, lets send KW dressed in pimp clothes to the airport...that would help too

steff
12-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Three and four.

SSN721
12-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Five