PDA

View Full Version : At this point...

lowesox
12-22-2003, 12:35 PM
The Sox should try to find ways to get younger without taking a hit in the win column. It sounds like they'll have more payroll flexibility next year - so they should use this season to set it up.

Personally, at this point I'd trade Valentin first. Because he's lost a step and isn't really part of a the long term plan. If they get value for Thomas, well I'd trade him too.

I think signing Ponson would be a good step - but more importantly they should just try to get solid players for every hole they need to fill, because they have several none of our minor leaguers will cut it. Guys like Aurilia, Payton, Baez, maybe even Damian Moss - these are the kinds of guys we should be looking at.

With the way our division is shaping up it won't take an incredible team to win a pennat - and I am by no means accepting the insulting way management is treating us fans - but lets set the foundation for a team that can make a serious run next year.

Anyway, regardless of what we do Kenny - get off the fence and do something.

CubKilla
12-22-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
With the way our division is shaping up it won't take an incredible team to win a pennat

I think you mean the Division :gulp:

The only way an AL Central team will win the '04 AL Pennant, at this point, is if the AL East and West forfeit the season.

lowesox
12-22-2003, 12:41 PM
Whoops.

windycityson
12-22-2003, 12:46 PM
I think signing Jason Johnson who just got nontendered would be a good pickup. He's young and has good stuff. I would trade Valentin and Konerko still to cut some salarey for next year so we don't have to go through the same crap as this year. I really don't think Orlando Hernandez will demand that much either and that could be a good pick up. All these are "could be's" but with or payroll, what else do we have. Oh yeah Beer :gulp:

Lip Man 1
12-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Lowe:

With respect just because on paper it looks like the Sox will have significant salary flexibility room doesn't guarantee they'll do anything significant.

With this ownership, 23 years has taught me to always expect the unexpected.

Lip