PDA

View Full Version : Fans making a Bid?

Tekijawa
12-22-2003, 12:50 PM
It's a little slow today, so I thought I'd ask a question to see if it was even possible... When I win the $100 Million dollar big game tomorrow night I will of course make a Bid for the Sox which will of course be turned down... But I was wondering if in an extreem case such as this if I might be able to go out and sign a few Free Agents myself? Obviously I'll have enough to bring, Vlad here and then I'd sign some pitching next year, but is there anything in place to stop a "third party" Baseball Players Temp Service? Just ship the guys from place to place to the highest bidder each week?

Any one want to help?

CubKilla
12-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Haven't you given JR hundreds of dollars more in your lifetime than he has ever deserved to get over the past 20+ years?

I wouldn't give JR $1 more to better the team other than what I already do..... buying tickets, beer, food occasionally, etc. If I start paying White Sox players salaries outright I better be the new White Sox Organization's Chairman.

Tekijawa
12-22-2003, 01:46 PM
I've actually given thousands already, and I've never seen a Live Playoff game/loss... I wasn't in Chicago yet for the 2000 season. I would have no problem dropping 30 Million on a couple FA and expect nothing in return. when you have as much money as Reiney has you CAN WIN. It's not like he's just scraping by, I'm sur ehis family will probably never have to work a day in their lives for at least a couple Generations! So just pray that I win tomorrow and we'll be contenders again... starting with the Signing of Madux this year, and Prior a few years from now.

But Reiney wants to win more than I do!