PDA

View Full Version : You gotta admit it was fun

tanko
12-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Like the Nomar trade or not the anticipation was fun.We were all on here checking evey few minutes now BORING.Will the Sox ever make themselves better????

TornLabrum
12-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by tanko
Will the Sox ever make themselves better????

What's the temperature in hell these days?

Lip Man 1
12-21-2003, 09:17 PM
It depends on your definition of 'better.' If you mean 'more profitable' as better, the Sox will move heaven and earth for that.

If you mean 'better' as in a championship caliber team...don't hold your breath.

Lip

rcescato
12-21-2003, 11:16 PM
hold your breathe? There is nothing to hold. They will not
sign anybody or trade for anybody. This will be the least exciting and more depressing off seasons we have ever seen. We just
gotta hope for a miracle like Estaban was or a youngster in camp.
I am looking forward to seeing Chris Honel or Jeremy Reed.
But they will probably stink when they get into the majors anyway. Like most Sox players do.
Rich

CubKilla
12-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Will the Sox ever make themselves better????

I'm hoping it will come to pass soon after the demise of the Reinsdorf regime. With JR owning things, all that matters is the bottom-line and how much more money can he put into his pockets this season.

MRKARNO
12-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by rcescato
But they will probably stink when they get into the majors anyway. Like most Sox players do.

Just Like Frank Thomas, Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Lee, Mark Buehrle, etc. What a horrible group of former prospects.

jabrch
12-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It depends on your definition of 'better.' If you mean 'more profitable' as better, the Sox will move heaven and earth for that.

If you mean 'better' as in a championship caliber team...don't hold your breath.

Lip

Just one time Lip, I'd love to see you take a non-negative approach to things...I know that would be wholly irrational - but just once...

:)

oheeoh...magglio
12-22-2003, 01:37 AM
Like the Nomar trade or not the anticipation was fun.We were all on here checking evey few minutes now BORING.Will the Sox ever make themselves better????

I agree the anticipation was fun, but as for the sox making themselves better, that will never happen with this ownership unless based upon a pure stroke of luck, like the entire 2000 season.