PDA

View Full Version : Complete list of non-tenders

Jjav829
12-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Since most major sports sites don't usually come out with a complete list for a day or so, I'll do one here for WSI. I'll update this thing as more come through, so you can keep checking back if you want.

Pittsburgh Pirates:
RHP- Mike Lincoln

New York Mets:
RHP- Scott Strickland
RHP- Jeremy Hill
LHP- Pedro Feliciaco

Colorado Rockies:
OF- Jay Payton
RHP- Scott Elarton
Util- Kit Pellow

Oakland Athletics:
RHP- Jeremy Fikac
LHP- Mark Redman
INF- Frank Menechino

St. Louis Cardinals:
RHP- Gene Stechshulte

Baltimore Orioles:
RHP- Jason Johnson
LHP- Damian Moss

Anaheim Angels:
1B- Shawn Wooten

Cleveland Indians:
RHP- Danys Baez
LHP- Carl Sadler

Chicago Cubs:
1B- Randall Simon
C- Michael Barrett
RHP- Scott Chiasson

Milwaukee Brewers:
RHP- Jayson Durocher

San Diego Padres:
LHP- Mike Matthews
C- Miguel Ojeda
1B- Todd Sears

Boston Red Sox:
RHP- Jason Shiell
RHP- Edwin Almonte (Yes, THAT Edwin Almonte)
LHP- Scott Sauerbeck
OF- Gabe Kapler
INF- Damian Jackson
INF- Lou Merloni

Cincinnati Reds:
OF- Reggie Taylor
OF- Ruben Mateo
Util- Russell Branyan

Houston Astros:
LHP- Nate Bland

Texas Rangers:
OF- Jason Tyner

Kansas City Royals:
RHP- Kris Wilson

Montreal Expos:
RHP- Orlando Hernandez
RHP- Hector Almonte
RHP- Britt Reames

New York Yankees:
OF- Karim Garcia
OF- David Dellucci

Minnesota Twins:
INF- Augie Ojeda

Philadelphia Phillies:
RHP- Valerio De Los Santos
3B- Travis Chapman

Florida Marlins:
RHP- Braden Looper
RHP- Armando Almanza
LHP- Toby Borland

Tampa Bay Devil Rays:
3B- Jared Sandberg
RHP- Gerardo Garcia
2B- Marlon Anderson

Detroit Tigers:
Util- Ben Petrick
LHP- Andy Van Hekken

Arizona Diamonbacks:
C- Rod Barajas

Toronto Blue Jays:
LHP- Trever Miller
RHP- Cliff Politte

Los Angeles Dodgers:
LHP- Derek Thompson
RHP- Alfredo Gonzalez
LHP- Troy Brohawn

None for the Mariners, Giants, and Braves. So the Sox are basically the last to announce.

A few interesting names there. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox take a chance on Scott Strickland. He would miss a little while recovering from TJ surgery, but if healthy can be a good reliever. Merloni/Jackson wouldn't be bad utility men if KW isn't set on Uribe as our utility infielder for next year. Shawn Wooten wouldn't be a bad bat off the bench. Then of course there are the more obvious ones - Payton, Moss, Johnson, Baez, Redman. Should be interesting as more names come out.

RichH55
12-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

A few interesting names there. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox take a chance of Scott Strickland. He would miss a little while recovering from TJ surgery, but if healthy can be a good reliever. Merloni/Jackson wouldn't be bad utility men if KW isn't set on Uribe as our utility infielder for next year. Shawn Wooten wouldn't be a bad bat off the bench. Then of course there are the more obvious ones - Payton, Moss, Johnson, Baez, Redman. Should be interesting as more names come out.

If memory serves Wooten can catch a little bit as well

Payton I have been suggesting for awhile...and if Maggs or Lee is gone you need to add a OF from somewhere....If either Reed or Borchard proves they are ready, they won't have a hard time beating out Rowand for the job

RichH55
12-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Many many interesting names...PK is basically impossible to unload unless we get very creative

JRIG
12-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Anyone else thinking about taking a flyer on Gabe Kapler?

Brian26
12-20-2003, 11:14 PM
How did Damian Moss look last year? I thought he looked pretty good for Atlanta back in 2002 before he got traded.

RKMeibalane
12-20-2003, 11:20 PM
What do the rest of you think about Jay Payton?

MRKARNO
12-20-2003, 11:59 PM
Notice how Schoenweis isnt on the list

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-21-2003, 12:07 AM
Several teams, including Arizona, Tampa Bay, the Chicago White Sox, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Toronto, had not released their list of non-tenders as of 11 p.m. ET Saturday.

from mlb.com
why do the sox always do things like this! they're so secretive about what they do

DrCrawdad
12-22-2003, 09:04 AM

[U]Boston Red Sox:
RHP- Edwin Almonte (Yes, THAT Edwin Almonte)

The Redsox re-signed P Edwin Almonte, after they had nontendered him.

Almonte had a 11.12 ERA/-9 RSAA in 12 games with the Mets. He started 2003
in AAA with the Whitesox, before being traded to the Mets in the Roberto
Alomar trade and was claimed off waivers by the Redsox last month. - Lee Sinins

Chicago Cubs:
RHP- Scott Chiasson
The Cubs let go of Chiasson, closer of the future?

TheNotoriousKJC
12-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Damian Moss is nothing special. i have seen him pitch alot and even though he has stuff and he is left handed he doesnt seem to know how to pitch. he always has runners on base and never seems to put people away.

wsgdf
12-22-2003, 09:28 AM
I have no interest in taking a flyer on Gabe Kapler. I would on a bunch pf pitchers though - Britt Reames, El Duque, D. Moss, D. Baez, Strickland...

Huisj
12-22-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm sort of intrigued by Scott Elarton. His stats were awful last year, I know. His stats were also awful in 2001 with houston and colorado. However, I think it's sort of known that he was hurt that year. He missed all of 2002 recovering from surgery (was it Tommy John surgery?), so this year will be two years after having surgery, which is often how long it takes people to come back good. Plus, last year he was trying to recover from surgery by pitching in Colorado, which has got to be next to impossible.

Assuming that surgery he had was Tommy John surgery, I'd take a chance on him, he should be pretty cheap. If it was shoulder trouble, nevermind. He'll probably not ever recover.