PDA

View Full Version : Lee Trade Bait?

SaltyPretzel
12-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Link (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox20.html)

If the Sox lose Lee this year and Magglio next year, I won't be very happy.

CubKilla
12-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Maggs and C Lee are definitely more attractive as potential trade-bait than Botch and Konerko are.

I mentioned this to RPS last night after news of C Lee signed. For a team looking to dump payroll, it doesn't make sense to sign C Lee for around $7 million a season. I'd go as far as to say that I wouldn't be surprised if neither Maggs nor C Lee is with the White Sox on Opening Day '04. And if they both are with the Sox come Opening Day '04, and the Sox aren't within 3 games of contention in July, definitely look for both to be shopped around to contenders.

soxtalker
12-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Maggs and C Lee are definitely more attractive as potential trade-bait than Botch and Konerko are.

I mentioned this to RPS last night after news of C Lee signed. For a team looking to dump payroll, it doesn't make sense to sign C Lee for around $7 million a season. I'd go as far as to say that I wouldn't be surprised if neither Maggs

nor C Lee is with the White Sox on Opening Day '04. And if they both are with the Sox come Opening Day '04, and the Sox aren't within 3 games of contention in July, definitely look for both to be shopped around to contenders.

Looks like the same reasoning might have been behind the Valentin signing. Many of us thought that the dollars were high, but rumors have indicated that there has been interest in Valentin on the trade market.

Lip Man 1
12-20-2003, 01:49 PM
I don't have any alligence to any individual player, my only alligence is on one thing.....winning.

I'm tired of mediocrity and with the Sox average record the past six seasons being 83-79 something has got to change.

Lip

dickallen15
12-20-2003, 01:50 PM
I would really doubt the Sox would trade Lee. He is probably Kenny Williams favorite player.