PDA

View Full Version : Lets Get El Duque


soxwon
12-19-2003, 09:22 PM
montreal is letting el duque go free. lets sign him, what do you think?

OEO Magglio
12-19-2003, 09:33 PM
Please no, we don't need this guy, he's always injured, and we don't need a pitcher that just is going to take off any money to be on the injured list. Besides, we already had him on the team last year.

santo=dorf
12-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Please no, we don't need this guy, he's always injured, and we don't need a pitcher that just is going to take off any money to be on the injured list. Besides, we already had him on the team last year.

Why is that in teal? Technically it's correct to say that, correct?

OEO Magglio
12-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Why is that in teal? Technically it's correct to say that, correct?
Yeah I guess it is, but I mean we had him for a good 10 seconds.

doublem23
12-20-2003, 03:36 AM
You know, players don't just get released by the Expos on accident. Say no to El Duque.

hose
12-20-2003, 07:54 AM
El Duque ?!?

http://images.chicagotribune.com/media/graphic/2003-12/10689016.gif

dickallen15
12-20-2003, 08:54 AM
El Duque is probably over 40, less than a year removed from shoulder surgery. No way.

Brian26
12-20-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
You know, players don't just get released by the Expos on accident.

Same can usually be said of the Yankees, too.

hold2dibber
12-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
El Duque is probably over 40, less than a year removed from shoulder surgery. No way.

If he came in on a minor league deal, like Loaiza did last year, I'd take a flier on him. He's a solid pitcher when healthy. But I wouldn't give him a major league deal - too much risk and the Sox simply don't have enough money to be taking risks.