PDA

View Full Version : Question about what the hell is going on?

OurBitchinMinny
12-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Im not close to the situation, but I read that the sox want the payroll at 58 million? Are they serious? What the hell is the deal with that? Last time I checked, they played in the 3rd biggest market in the US. Why does management act like they are in Milwaukee. They havent resigned anyone that really matters. The Cubs are gonna spent what, 90-100 million. I know they draw better, but if reinsdorf would open up the purse and pony up, im sure the sox would draw too. Its a joke that in this division they are not dominating...The twins are falling apart and all of a sudden KC is the high roller of the division. Ever since cleveland broke up there is no reason the sox should not have had a stranglehold on the division. Why doesnt that ******* just sell the team....and while hes at it, sell the bulls.

SluggersAway
12-19-2003, 08:42 PM
And the next contestant to beat the dead horse is...

Daver
12-19-2003, 08:46 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/deadhorse.gif

OurBitchinMinny
12-19-2003, 08:47 PM
yeah I know its been said before, but I live in the damn twin cities. Why is it so ridiculously low? Is reinsdorf just cheap as hell? Hes the dumb as s who started the giant contracts with belle. Or is he running low on money? I dont care he just needs to sell

mike squires
12-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Bad neighborhood, poor attendence, road construction, sucky high upper deck seats, the seats are blue not green, poor managment making crappy contracts (konerko 8 million), poor marketing, the Cubs, the Tribune, Wrigley Field....Isn't anyone gonna stop me?

poorme
12-19-2003, 08:58 PM
keep going, you're on a roll.

OurBitchinMinny
12-19-2003, 09:06 PM
What the hell does seat color have to do with anything? If they win and put a good product on the field, there is no reason not to draw. The twins play in the crappiest stadium ever and downtown minneapolis roads are a joke, and they manage to get at least 30,000 when they win. Maybe not next year, but when they win. I have been to numerous ballparks including comiskey and the urinal on the north side and id rather go to comiskey, even if wrigley was the sox home field. I dont mind the upper deck and the lower deck has great sightlines.

SluggersAway
12-19-2003, 09:19 PM
I won't touch the color of the seats, but I also won't deny they have an effect...there are no clocks in starbucks for a reason...there is always a reason, all the way down to the plural of egg mcmuffin...

But, really...I was just wondering how the rents are on the south side? Is there large warehouse space available for relatively cheap? This part of town seems overdue for some economic development.

Daver
12-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway
I won't touch the color of the seats, but I also won't deny they have an effect...there are no clocks in starbucks for a reason...there is always a reason, all the way down to the plural of egg mcmuffin...

But, really...I was just wondering how the rents are on the south side? Is there large warehouse space available for relatively cheap? This part of town seems overdue for some economic development.

The area surrounding Comiskey Park is getting an upgrade like you wouldn't beleive,courtesy of mayor Daley's insistence on beutifing the south loop.