PDA

View Full Version : I can see this happening

Paulwny
12-19-2003, 05:56 PM
The way things have been going KW will get rid of Maggs' and Koch's salaries with this trade.

From Newsday:
Notes&Quotes: Mets general manager Jim Duquette said he hopes to acquire either a rightfielder or a relief pitcher by tomorrow's non-tender deadline. The Mets have been working aggressively to trade Roger Cedeņo ...

Tragg
12-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
The way things have been going KW will get rid of Maggs' and Koch's salaries with this trade.

From Newsday:
Notes&Quotes: Mets general manager Jim Duquette said he hopes to acquire either a rightfielder or a relief pitcher by tomorrow's non-tender deadline. The Mets have been working aggressively to trade Roger Cedeņo ...

Roger Cedeno??
Lord help us

MRKARNO
12-19-2003, 06:11 PM
NO NO and NO to Cedeno

Daver
12-19-2003, 06:13 PM
They may as well trade for Roger Dorn.

soxfan26
12-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Daver
They may as well trade for Roger Dorn.

I thought you said we weren't going to go out and get any high priced talent?

dickallen15
12-19-2003, 06:47 PM
In the NY Post yesterday, it said the White Sox had absolutely no interest in Cedeno, even if the Mets picked up his 2005 salary.

JDP
12-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
I thought you said we weren't going to go out and get any high priced talent?

I forgot about Dorn because he's only high priced.

JDP
12-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

From Newsday:

Offer the Mets Maggs/Koch for Matsui/Seo and save a wad of $$.

Then do the Mariners trade, since they're coveting Valentin. I'd say package Lee/Valentin/prospect and try to get Suzuki/Sasaki. Remember: Mariners have Guadardo now to close.

Offer Konerko to LA for Nomo instead of Perez. Send them a prospect if need be.

Now the Sox start to corner the Asian market.

hillbilly
12-19-2003, 07:15 PM

Then do the Mariners trade, since they're coveting Valentin. I'd say package Lee/Valentin/prospect and try to get Suzuki/Sasaki. Remember: Mariners have Guadardo now to close.

There is no way the mets are going to part with matsui, and there is no way the mariners are going to part with suzuki (one of the best players in the game). It would be outstanding but not a chance.

Daver
12-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by hillbilly

There is no way the mets are going to part with matsui, and there is no way the mariners are going to part with suzuki (one of the best players in the game). It would be outstanding but not a chance.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

JDP
12-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by hillbilly

Hey, Welcome Aboard as well. Also, lack of anything going on, so I thought I'd come up with something like that. *shrugs* I also just started a thread w/ a similar idea/concept.

doublem23
12-20-2003, 03:39 AM
If we give up Maggs for Roger Cedeno, I officially give up on 2004.

Brian26
12-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
If we give up Maggs for Roger Cedeno, I officially give up on 2004.

If that happens, I'll give up on 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.

MHOUSE
12-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by JDP

Use deeppink for pipedreams JDP.

Dub25
12-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by JDP
I forgot about Dorn because he's only high priced.

Cut the rah rah **** Taylor year after this I go free agent.