PDA

View Full Version : Long time Reader, 1st time poster.

T-Bag
12-19-2003, 05:07 PM
I know, how gay. But anyway, is there a Loaiza out there this year that Kenny could scoop up? Seems like we will not be getting any mid to high priced FA's unless one of our big $ players are traded. So, it looks like the diamonds in the rough need to be found.........I really can't come up w/ any other than Helling and I think he is probably done.

voodoochile
12-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Welcome Aboard! :D:

mike squires
12-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by T-Bag
I know, how gay. But anyway, is there a Loaiza out there this year that Kenny could scoop up? Seems like we will not be getting any mid to high priced FA's unless one of our big $ players are traded. So, it looks like the diamonds in the rough need to be found.........I really can't come up w/ any other than Helling and I think he is probably done.

Jose Santiago of course. :D:

Paulwny
12-19-2003, 08:04 PM
The expos just let El Duque go, please don't KW.

StepsInSC
12-19-2003, 09:42 PM
lol great handle.

T-Bag
12-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Gracious on the handle!! About El Duque, wouldn't he be very cheap?? If healthy he'd be a great #4/#5. If hurt we didn't put much into him in the 1st place. I think the reward would out weigh the risk.

tanko
12-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Cory Lidle????

Brian26
12-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by tanko
Cory Lidle????

I don't think he's available anymore, although it's no secret that KW coveted him for a long time and tried to get him from Beane on more than one occassion when he was still with Oakland.

Lip Man 1
12-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Brian:

Lidle is a free agent and with Toronto having already acquired four pitchers the odds are he won't be coming back to them.

I'm waiting to see where he winds up because I'm supposed to do a story on him for the paper. Ten years ago he pitched for the Pocatello Posse of the Pioneer League and is the only member of that team to have made the major leagues.

Lip

Brian26
12-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Brian:

Lidle is a free agent and with Toronto having already acquired four pitchers the odds are he won't be coming back to them.

Ah, my mistake. For some reason I thought the Jays had him tied up a little longer. With those atrocious new uniforms they'll be sporting next year, he'll probably want to get out of there anyway.
:D: