PDA

View Full Version : The deal is alive again says WEEI Boston

Fenway
12-19-2003, 02:46 PM
WEEI is suggesting something will be announced this afternoon.

The Dirt Dog is also sticking to his story

www.bostondirtdogs.com

also Curt Schilling blasted the union on WEEI yesterday. Amazing interview

Curt Schilling on WEEI Boston (http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/2003/schilling%20interview.mp3)

joecrede
12-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Schilling bugs me. He is anything but a unbaised observer in all this. He wants A-Rod on his team plain and simple. Where's his loyalty to the union?

doublem23
12-19-2003, 03:13 PM
What's good for the Red Sox is good for baseball... Let's just give them all the star players to end the curse.

Schilling and the Red Sox are turning into a bunch of pricks. Man, I hope the Yankees shellack them and they finish dead last in the East. ****in' Red Sox. :angry:

adsit
12-19-2003, 03:25 PM
I also noticed that Theo Epstein wouldn't field any questions about it today at the Keith Foulke presser, and I'm kind of surprised not much has been said about that. I'd think that once Lucchino "killed" the deal in a press release, it'd be okay for Theo to say a little something something, don't you?

This story's gotten more mileage on it than an '88 Hyundai Excel. And it's not like the Red Sox can't do anything without A-Rod, anyhow.

I finally had to turn WEEI off.

If it happens, it happens... and just how obligated are the White Sox to follow through on their part of the deal now, anyway, if Boston "killed" it last night?

FanOf14
12-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by adsit

This story's gotten more mileage on it than an '88 Hyundai Excel. And it's not like the Red Sox can't do anything without A-Rod, anyhow.

LOL! The first car I bought from a car lot was a 1990 Hyundai Excel. I'd probably still have it as a city beater if it wasn't for the moron that blew the stop sign and threw the car over the curb ripping the tranny pan (and other tranny parts) from the car (it was the driver's second accident at that location in 3 days - they totaled their other car and this was a newer one that hit mine).

Chisox353014
12-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by fenway
[B]WEEI is suggesting something will be announced this afternoon.

The Dirt Dog is also sticking to his story

YAAWWWWWWNNN. Somebody wake me up when something actually happens this offseason.

soxfan26
12-19-2003, 03:31 PM
"Please keep your arms and legs in the car for the duration of the ride."

Here we go again...

thepaulbowski
12-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Schilling bugs me. He is anything but a unbaised observer in all this. He wants A-Rod on his team plain and simple. Where's his loyalty to the union?

I thought Schilling was one the player reps in the labor negotations? :?:

Fenway
12-19-2003, 03:52 PM
I am getting the impression the rest of the country really is starting to dislike Boston

I have to admit however that I can not believe my upper box seats have gone from $16 in 1996 to $65 in 2004

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

Originally posted by doublem23
What's good for the Red Sox is good for baseball... Let's just give them all the star players to end the curse.

Schilling and the Red Sox are turning into a bunch of pricks. Man, I hope the Yankees shellack them and they finish dead last in the East. ****in' Red Sox. :angry:

raul12
12-19-2003, 03:53 PM
I thought he was too now that you mention it. I'm beginning to believe it's as KW said, "I don't think there's been this much tampering in any trade negotiation ever."

btw, how "binding" is buddy's end to negotiations? if it's like anything else he does, it's not very.

miker
12-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by fenway
I have to admit however that I can not believe my upper box seats have gone from $16 in 1996 to $65 in 2004

:reinsy
"Boy, I like the sound of that..."

maurice
12-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by adsit
If it happens, it happens... and just how obligated are the White Sox to follow through on their part of the deal now, anyway, if Boston "killed" it last night?

Kenny Williams told the Chicago papers that deals typically remain in place for 72 hours, which must have expired by now. He'd probably still pull the trigger, but I don't think he's obligated to do so.

Chisox353014
12-19-2003, 04:19 PM
+ iginally posted by fenway [/i]
I am getting the impression the rest of the country really is starting to dislike Boston

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp [/QUOTE]

No offense fenway, but I think you're right. The combination of the Bosox being ESPN's house team and the endless "wouldn't it be great if the Red Sox finally broke the curse?" stories (99% of which included the Flubbies - not a good thing here at WSI) from the playoffs last year is just making everyone sick. Now add this whole trade nonsense and more "wouldn't it be great for baseball" stuff and...it's enough to make some of us start rooting for the Yankmes just for spite alone. Plus, Ben Affleck is a Red Sox fan. That's enough for me right there.

Fenway
12-19-2003, 04:40 PM
you HAD to remind me of that

http://www.jlo-freshsexyclean.com/images/PG/BostonRedSoxGame/4.jpg

SluggersAway
12-19-2003, 04:49 PM
The number of times a union has actually benefited the little guy can be counted on my left hand...

FanOf14
12-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway
The number of times a union has actually benefited the little guy can be counted on my left hand...

It depends on the union. My dad's union scored their employees health insurance, protected my dad's job when he was seriously ill and my fiance's union has assisted in wages, employment and insurance. Like I said, it depends greatly on the union.

maurice
12-19-2003, 05:01 PM
The 40-hour work week is pretty cool.

soxfan26
12-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by maurice

I'd say that was a fairly big one for the "little guy"

FanOf14
12-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by maurice

lol - I agree. If you can get OT, a 40 hr work week is even cooler - any extra time I work is out of the kindness of my heart which sucks. It sucks more when I see what my fiance brings home in OT pay. :(:

34 Inch Stick
12-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway

...And that is only a stub after the shop accident.

Lip Man 1
12-19-2003, 06:35 PM
From the comments of Ken Williams today in the Southtown it is no longer a sure thing that if the A-Rod trade eventually happens that the Sox are interested in Nomar.

Lip

dickallen15
12-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
From the comments of Ken Williams today in the Southtown it is no longer a sure thing that if the A-Rod trade eventually happens that the Sox are interested in Nomar.

Lip

I got the same impression. I think he still would do the deal if the trade was consummated soon, but from what I read, the Sox had a deal to send Valentin to Seattle for Garcia. He will be non tendered tomorrow, so that won't be happening. There is also a chance Williamson will be non tendered tomorrow.

Fenway
12-19-2003, 10:42 PM
the rumbling continues

2 Sat papers out

A-Rod deal doesn't look dead after all
Source: Rangers willing to compromise on financial demands

09:09 PM CST on Friday, December 19, 2003

By EVAN GRANT / The Dallas Morning News

The death of the Alex Rodriguez trade talks, it appears, was greatly exaggerated.

After only the briefest of cooling-off periods, Rangers owner Tom Hicks went back to the bargaining table with Boston counterpart John Henry, and, according to a club source, is willing to compromise on previous financial demands.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/sports/baseball/rangers/stories/122003dnsponewarodlede.2802e.html

and from the NY Times ( who is part owner of the Bosox

"The parties are still talking," Boras said in a telephone interview. "We have exhausted the amount of cooperation, which amounts to $12 million, that Alex has agreed to include in this deal to try and get it done."

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/20/sports/baseball/20BASE.html