PDA

View Full Version : KC fans are Very Optimistic about 2004

Hangar18
12-19-2003, 01:41 PM
A couple guys who work in my company's KC office, gave me
some good Ribbing before I leave the office for a week next week.
They say this is the FIRST TIME in years that Royal fans have been "ready for next year". They say they were scared the SOX would go out and Fill the couple holes they had in their Lineup and "tear up the central". But because "your teams going backwards man", and have LOST SEVERAL key players, and show signs of letting more guys go....They think the pickups to Solidify their Bullpen (Sullivan and Graffanino) are going to help Immensely. Hate to say it, think theyre right

DirtySouthsider
12-19-2003, 01:43 PM
This is what it's come......Royals fans are now making fun of us !

ma_deuce
12-19-2003, 01:45 PM
No team in our division is ready for next year. Far too many holes to fill in every team, and none seems willing to put their money where their mouth is. Though, I guess having a mediocre team in the worst division is baseball is something to crow at. Go Sox!

CubKilla
12-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider

Wait till Brewer fans and Tiger fans start talking smack. But KC has bettered themselves with BP and bench talent..... no question. Ibanez's departure will be felt though. But instead of needing 4 or 5 people to step up..... like the Sox and Twins..... KC will need one or two.

SSN721
12-19-2003, 01:48 PM

I wish I read this before lunch, better to be nautious on an empty stomach :(:

ewokpelts
12-19-2003, 02:08 PM

thanks jerry

dickallen15
12-19-2003, 02:15 PM
What was the Royals lead at the All Star Break last season? Would you be excited if Reinsdorf signed Matt Stairs? The problem with Sox fans is every player every other team signs or trades for is supposedly a star, and every one the Sox get or have sucks. KC will suck next year, book it. They will finish 4th in the Central. Kevin Appier? He's so bad the Angels will pay him almost $20 million to stay away. The Sox have holes, but also have more than 3 months to fill them in before the season starts.

soxfan26
12-19-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
A couple guys who work in my company's KC office, gave me
some good Ribbing before I leave the office for a week next week.
They say this is the FIRST TIME in years that Royal fans have been "ready for next year". They say they were scared the SOX would go out and Fill the couple holes they had in their Lineup and "tear up the central". But because "your teams going backwards man", and have LOST SEVERAL key players, and show signs of letting more guys go....They think the pickups to Solidify their Bullpen (Sullivan and Graffanino) are going to help Immensely. Hate to say it, think theyre right

It's definately time to give up when the "baseball experts" at work make fun of your team!

faneidde
12-19-2003, 02:19 PM
A .500 record could easily win the AL Central this year.
The Tigers should be better, the Indians about the same, KC about the same, and The Sox and Minny worse. KC was a fluke the first half of last year, so I think .500 takes it this year.

JRIG
12-19-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Would you be excited if Reinsdorf signed Matt Stairs?

Yes.

Originally posted by dickallen15 The Sox have holes, but also have more than 3 months to fill them in before the season starts.

The problem is the Sox are running out of time to fill holes. The Sox need a left-handed hitter with good patience who isn't afraid to take a walk. That's Matt Stairs! Possible "hole-fillers" are being signed every day by other teams, including KC.

dickallen15
12-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Yes.

The problem is the Sox are running out of time to fill holes. The Sox need a left-handed hitter with good patience who isn't afraid to take a walk. That's Matt Stairs! Possible "hole-fillers" are being signed every day by other teams, including KC.

The market is loaded with free agents a heck of a lot better than Stairs. The market will be even more flooded tomorrow with non tenders, if signing Matt Stairs would excite you, there are and will be others that will blow you away.

doublem23
12-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Man it's going to be funny when that team comes back down to Earth.

santo=dorf
12-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
thanks jerry

:reinsy

"Since you guys don't go to the ballpark, I can't compete with the big market teams like KC."

MRKARNO
12-19-2003, 03:17 PM
Their starting staff was so injured last year. The question for KC is whether or not the starting staff will be good.

doublem23
12-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Their starting staff was so injured last year. The question for KC is whether or not the starting staff will be good.

Is that the same starting staff that tanked after the great Jose Lima went down? Pleeeeeeeeeease... Everyone take a deep breath... Kansas City sucks.

MRKARNO
12-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Is that the same starting staff that tanked after the great Jose Lima went down? Pleeeeeeeeeease... Everyone take a deep breath... Kansas City sucks.

No, but it's the starting staff that off off-track once Runelvys Hernandez got injured after getting off to a great start. They had 10 different starters, each with at least 50 IP. If they have some stability, they might be good, or they might really not be any good and for the Sox' sake I hope they arent as good, but any team with that many injuries cant win. Remember our 2001 team?

Chisox353014
12-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Yeah, they were literally pulling guys out of nowhere at the end of last year and still only finished 3 games behind the Sox. Are we really any better than they are now? I'm not so sure. They lost a couple of key position players, but their staff might actually be better than ours as it stands right now. And having said that, I think I'll go curl up in the hamper with a bottle of peppermint schnapps to drown my Sox-induced holiday depression. :gulp:

poorme
12-19-2003, 03:32 PM
A full year out of Sweeney will help them too.

ma-gaga
12-19-2003, 05:15 PM
KC has the offense to contend in this division. They've made some very solid signings this offseason, but they are still at least ONE starting pitcher and most likely TWO away from winning the division.

The Twins need ... a starting pitcher, Joe Mauer to hit like a #1 pick, and their middle infielders to suck less. I don't think their bullpen is in as bad of a shape as the media likes to portray. Certainly they'll miss Hawkins/Guardado, but they got a couple of good options with Nathan and Silva.

The Sox need... a starting pitcher or possibly two. They need Olivo, Crede, and Uribe to hit better. A little bullpen depth would be nice, but not necessary.

Man this division sucks. Actually, my theory is that the AL Central team that signs Kenny Rogers is going to win the division.

Book it!