PDA

View Full Version : K Smooth in control...

Win1ForMe
12-19-2003, 01:10 AM
At least according to Phil Rogers. Hate to break it to the unreasonable "keep Nomar" contingent but he will be going to LA for pitching if the deal gets done (or we keep Ordonez and get cheap pitching).

For sending Ordonez and an unnamed pitcher (possibly Dan Wright) to the Red Sox, the White Sox would wind up with reliever Scott Williamson and Garciaparra. But there were indications Wednesday the Sox would do their part of this deal only if Los Angeles met Williams' price for Garciaparra.

The price, according to sources, could be paid one of two ways: either 20-year-old right-hander Edwin Jackson, Mota and the 20-year-old Gutierrez or the more credentialed (and less valuable) Perez, Mota, Miller, who will pitch in Double-A at age 19, and another prospect.

LINK (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-031218rogers,1,637099.column?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Win1ForMe
12-19-2003, 01:19 AM
I just wanted to add that (as Phil notes) the first package looks better than the second one. I wonder which starter we would look at if Perez isn't part of the deal though (Ponson, Garcia?). It seems like we should have about $11M to put towards a SP, 2B, CF, RF (with bullpen being taken care of with Mota & Williamson). Personally, I hate the fact that we can't resign Maggs who is far and away my favorite player, but if he's going to walk at the end of the season, we might as well get some players for him.

And, I don't know if anyone caught it but it seems that the Angels signed Adam Kennedy to an extension (per rotoworld.com). Kind of a shame since I was hoping they'd non-tender him.