PDA

View Full Version : Do something KW!

MRKARNO
12-19-2003, 12:36 AM
OK I'm sick of all of this BS. The cubs are doing SOMETHING. The Twins and Royals are also doing something. The sox? letting their FAs go and the biggest thing they did was avoid arbitration with Buehrle.

Hell, trade a mediocre prospect for Rick Ankiel so at least we can laugh at how bad he is. But this is just stupid!

KW can't even acquire a bench player. JUST DO SOMETHING

RedPinStripes
12-19-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
OK I'm sick of all of this BS. The cubs are doing SOMETHING. The Twins and Royals are also doing something. The sox? letting their FAs go and the biggest thing they did was avoid arbitration with Buehrle.

Hell, trade a mediocre prospect for Rick Ankiel so at least we can laugh at how bad he is. But this is just stupid!

KW can't even acquire a bench player. JUST DO SOMETHING

He would have done a lot if this deal went through. Remember, this A-rod deal was holding up about 4 Sox trades.

roofshot87
12-19-2003, 12:42 AM
you should change your sig, optimism failed me today.

Lip Man 1
12-19-2003, 12:46 AM
Karno:

Kenny isn't Houdini, you can't make a silk purse out of a sous ear.

Like Jay Mariotti said in a column a few weeks ago "Sox fans now know what it's like to be a baseball fan in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh or Milwaukee..."

Ain't it grand!

Lip

MRKARNO
12-19-2003, 12:48 AM
Yeah but you could at least sign a bench player or invite some "over the hill" pitcher to ST

RedPinStripes
12-19-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by roofshot87
you should change your sig, optimism failed me today.

:shammy
"You mean "ostomistic"?

SluggersAway
12-19-2003, 12:50 AM
no need to make a stupid move, just to move at all.

RedPinStripes
12-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Yeah but you could at least sign a bench player or invite some "over the hill" pitcher to ST

I doubt he's worried about "stealing bench guys "or broken down pitchers right now. Bigger plans were in the making. Give the guy a day or 2 .

MRKARNO
12-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I doubt he's worried about "stealing bench guys "or broken down pitchers right now. Bigger plans were in the making. Give the guy a day or 2 .

OK, but didnt we say that he BETTER do something over the winter meetings? And all he did was place us in the middle of a bad trade. If nothing is done by Monday then we have some SERIOUS problems

roofshot87
12-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Kenny should talk to John Rocker, in the spirit of gaining media attention

RedPinStripes
12-19-2003, 12:55 AM
OK, but didnt we say that he BETTER do something over the winter meetings? And all he did was place us in the middle of a bad trade. If nothing is done by Monday then we have some SERIOUS problems

Blame the Boss for this. Sounds like Jerry said no additions until you subtract.

RedPinStripes
12-19-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by roofshot87
Kenny should talk to John Rocker, in the spirit of gaining media attention

Is he a "grinder"?

MRKARNO
12-19-2003, 12:58 AM
It's so frustrating because I know Kenny is trying, but no one is helping him do anything

RedPinStripes
12-19-2003, 01:01 AM
It's so frustrating because I know Kenny is trying, but no one is helping him do anything

Dont worry, he'll make a ton of moves soon. Cant promise you'll like them all, but he'll put a team together according to the budget the boss gives him. That's the big problem here .

**** YOU JERRY!

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-19-2003, 01:02 AM
We already got Juan Uribe, and don't forget about Kelly Dransfeldt! Isn't that enough?

MRKARNO
12-19-2003, 01:02 AM
**** YOU JERRY!

:jerry

"Who me?"

:KW

"No I fired you a long time ago"

:reinsy

"Now that wouldn't be me, would it? You must be talking about the other other jerry (Krause)"

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-19-2003, 01:04 AM
Bigger plans were in the making. Give the guy a day or 2 .

:gulp: We all need to relax, have a few beers and enjoy a sandwich. :gulp:

mike squires
12-19-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
We already got Juan Uribe, and don't forget about Kelly Dransfeldt! Isn't that enough?

Oh yeah, I forgot about Kelly!!! It's all good!!!

roofshot87
12-19-2003, 01:07 AM

This is very true, If I were KW I would be pulling my hair out, trying to work under the puppetmaster. There will be additions, be they a revived Gary Gaetti, or the afformentioned "grinder" type players. You can trust that something will happen. Plus, Im sure Sox brass wouldnt want a hotel full of disheartened fans Jan 30th-Feb 1st.

Baby Fisk
12-19-2003, 08:56 AM
heh heh...Rick Ankiel. That IS funny. No fan would be safe sitting anywhere in the stadium.

FanOf14
12-19-2003, 09:33 AM
I give kudos to Kenny for staying sane and not going on a killing rampage between 'the trade' fiasco and having JR as a boss...