tanko
12-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Koch...I say he's lights out this year.

Bobby Thigpen
12-18-2003, 10:10 PM
I hope that was supposed to be in teal.

doublem23
12-18-2003, 10:11 PM
I suppose if by "lights out" you mean that when he gets brought in we can just shut the TVs off because another one in the "L" column, then yes, Koch is lights out.

SoxFan76
12-18-2003, 10:13 PM
im with you man. ive been thinking that all along. of all the people to keep on the sox roster, konerko and koch are the two i want to stay the most. players of that caliber can not have 2 bad seasons in a row. it just doesnt happen. im looking forward to a .300, 30, 100 season from konerko, minimum. and koch should get that lost velocity back. and if im wrong, so be it. but personally i feel these 2 will have great years.

MRKARNO
12-18-2003, 10:15 PM
If reports are true and we could be trading Koch for Heilman, I'm not sure why it Kenny hasnt pulled the trigger yet especially if they're offering heilman. If it takes 1 mil with Koch to get it done, then fine, that's better than 6.375 mil

Tragg
12-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by tanko

Too expensive to take the chance. We need to free that money up and spend it elsewhere.
I agree with the above - take Heilman

Bobby Thigpen
12-18-2003, 10:35 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance, but who is Heilman, and what is this deal you guys are talking about?

At this point I'd take a bag of balls, Rollie Finger's mustache trimmings, a bucket of spit and a half dozen used condoms for Billy Koch. If you could get something of use for him, all the merrier.

Tragg
12-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
Forgive me for my ignorance, but who is Heilman, and what is this deal you guys are talking about?

At this point I'd take a bag of balls, Rollie Finger's mustache trimmings, a bucket of spit and a half dozen used condoms for Billy Koch. If you could get something of use for him, all the merrier.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he's their former #1 from Dame, who struggled last year, but who remains highly regarded.

The way I reason the Koch situation is thusly - if we had the opportunity to sign him as a FA for his salary, would we? (obviously no) So, anything we get for him is gravy. And the Mets actually seem to want him.

CubKilla
12-18-2003, 10:46 PM
I'll tell you one guy I wouldn't have traded for in the first place. Billy Botch.

Unload this waste of money first chance you get KW. Even better if you can find a GM as gullible as you to maybe pay for part of '04 so the Sox can free up a few million.

SluggersAway
12-18-2003, 10:48 PM
I hope you are right about Koch and Konerko.

But I dont have a good feeling about it.

Tragg
12-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I'll tell you one guy I wouldn't have traded for in the first place. Billy Botch.

Unload this waste of money first chance you get KW. Even better if you can find a GM as gullible as you to maybe pay for part of '04 so the Sox can free up a few million.

One of the ironies of that trade is that the optimists about it (myself included) pointed out that hey, he's cheaper than Foulke and he's signed for a longer period of time. Well, it's biting us in the butt right now, unless we can dump him

RedPinStripes
12-18-2003, 10:52 PM

Let him be outstanding in NY. I dont know where youget he's gonna be lights out from? :?:

jordan23ventura
12-18-2003, 11:32 PM
As far as Koch being "lights out" I wouldn't count on it, but I would say that by his track record his '04 season can't be much worse than last season. Going by that, I hope we don't trade him until July when we might be able to get a couple good picks.

Here is my prediction:
By August we have lost all of the following players (in this order)
Ordonez, Valentin, Schoenweis, Konerko, Koch, Thomas

jordan23ventura
12-18-2003, 11:39 PM
I will add one thing to my last post, and that is if Konerko has a decent first half he will be the first one to go. I believe that this team will be rebuilt, but with more younger solid players than minor leaguers this time. (At least I'm hoping anyway.)

MHOUSE
12-18-2003, 11:44 PM
If he starts the season as our closer, I can see maybe 20/26 saves and a 4.00 ERA. That wouldn't be so bad for a team like we're shaping up to be, but for over $6 million? HECK NO. Give him away to anyone who will take him and do it now.

gosox41
12-19-2003, 06:44 PM

You must he meaning to say Koch will be tunring the lights out at the Cell after everyball game to try to earn his salary.

:) :)

Bob

santo=dorf
12-19-2003, 07:00 PM
Is it even possible for Koch to sink to a lower level after last year?

Rocklive99
12-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Of course he will be lights out, if he is traded. He still won't be able to hit the catcher's mitt if he stays.

doublem23
12-21-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Is it even possible for Koch to sink to a lower level after last year?

Sure. He found a way to save a game every now and then.