PDA

View Full Version : Question on cubs-Sox

MRKARNO
12-18-2003, 09:53 PM
Is it OK for the Cubs to be good for an extended period of time as long as they dont make or win the world series? I mean, if they really are good for lets say 3 or 4 years in a row, but they go nowhere, does it matter? Especially if we win the series first.

doublem23
12-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Well, they have to be good for 2 straight years firsthand, I don't see the Cubs getting past Houston this year if the Astros stay healthy. Second, if they keep choking the way they did this year, it would at least add to the hilarity of it all. :D:

The majority of Chicago fans are so fickle anyways, they'll pretty much bounce around who ever is better. In 5 years (hopefully), if the Sox are legit contenders and the Cubs are cellar dwellers, we'll be all right.

CubKilla
12-18-2003, 10:57 PM
As long as the Cubs don't make it to the World Series, I don't care what they do.

And while I would rather not have them make the playoffs every season, there was something so incredibly invigorating to watching those idiots choke up the NL Pennant this season that makes me wanna experience more of that, only '04 should be a more painful choke if they make it to the PostSeason..... like choking away the NL Pennant after being up 3-0.