PDA

View Full Version : Olney: Dead deal a good thing

MRKARNO
12-18-2003, 08:26 PM
The Chicago White Sox get a free pass. They might've swapped Magglio Ordonez and then spun off Garciaparra to the Dodgers, but if the White Sox had kept Garciaparra, they might have fielded the most miserable player in baseball. Garciaparra would have been upset about being dumped by the Red Sox, and unhappy that he didn't wind up with Los Angeles. The collapse of the trades might be the best thing that happened to the White Sox.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=olney_buster&id=1689555

dickallen15
12-18-2003, 08:34 PM
If Nomar wound up playing here, I'm sure he would have gotten over his initial shock. He was leaving a place he loved, but at least he was going home, when suddenly that is changed most people would have been very unhappy. He would have been playing for a contract, and I'm quite sure he would have enjoyed his time in Chicago, whether it was for one season or longer.

SoxxoS
12-18-2003, 08:34 PM
Garciaparra wouldn't of dogged it in his contract year, I don't care if he was playing for Hitler.

Jjav829
12-18-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Garciaparra wouldn't of dogged it in his contract year, I don't care if he was playing for Hitler.

Exactly! The guy may not have been extremely happy here, but for someone who is hoping to get about 14 or 15 million a year, he would be playing his ass off trying to prove his worth.

nasox
12-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

Don't forget he is playing for Hitler... :D:

JaylisJP
12-18-2003, 09:12 PM
I think Reinsdorf is more like Mussilini...but fatter.