PDA

View Full Version : 12/17 Local TV Coverage

maurice
12-18-2003, 04:56 PM
The A-Rod/Nomah/Maggs story has been gripping the nation, particularly the residents of New England, New York, Texas, and the South Side of Chicago. ESPN devoted several talking heads to running continual updates, day and night. Even the local papers got in the act. How will the local 6:00 news respond?

ABC - lead story on its sports broadcast. :cool:

CBS - final sports story, after "loser Bears team plays in four days," "loser Bulls team plays in ten minutes," and DePaul women's basketball. :?:

NBC - absolutely no coverage. :angry:

How strange that local coverage of national news with a significant Chicago angle should be dwarfed by, say, coverage of the second-place cubs playing the fourth-place Expos in Puerto Rico.

DSpivack
12-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by maurice
ABC - lead story on its sports broadcast.

Mark Giangreco! Our Savior!

Soxfan7070
12-18-2003, 09:46 PM
What about the WGN news? :D:

MHOUSE
12-18-2003, 11:37 PM
WGN and NBC 12/18: Cubs signed Kent Mercker today and then Jim Hendry signed 30-year old Todd Hollandsworth. What a day in Chicago sports folks!

Lip Man 1
12-18-2003, 11:50 PM
I guess if you think about it though what are those stations supposed to lead with, "Well the A-Rod deal didn't go through consequently the Sox got screwed again..." I mean most baseball fans already knew this don't you think? The story was that big and that closely followed.

Lip

Lip Man 1
12-19-2003, 12:40 AM
Actually house either your post was unintenionally misleading or I misunderstood it.

I tape the WGN news every night and just watched it. The lead story by Rich King was the Bears three pro bowl selections.

The baseball info was way down in the sports and they led that part with video of mags first with King stating that the A-Rod / Manny deal being dead means no on Nomar for mags.

After that news then he said Jim Hendry gave Cub fans two more Christmas presents today..... (by the way that's ANOTHER Marlin gone off that club. Now it's up to six. yea they're keeping that club together! LOL)

Lip