PDA

View Full Version : Gammons confirms status as ass

MarqSox
12-18-2003, 04:07 PM
"Everybody wants this trade to happen ... except Nomar. And, frankly, I don't blame him."
:angry: :angry:

adsit
12-18-2003, 04:09 PM
While I took that (perhaps naively) to mean Nomar's stated preference to be playing in Southern California, I still agree Gammons is an ass.

MarqSox
12-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by adsit
While I took that (perhaps naively) to mean Nomar's stated preference to be playing in Southern California, I still agree Gammons is an ass.
By adding "and I don't blame him," Gammons was implying that there's some reason to want to avoid the South Side.

MRKARNO
12-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Out of nowhere, Nomar has gone from cult figure in Boston, and now his job is about to be taken from him and everyone in boston wants him out and all of a sudden he's gonna go play at US Cellular field for a cheapskate owner.

adsit
12-18-2003, 04:12 PM
You know... I didn't want to believe that, but of course you're right...

soxfan26
12-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Gammons absolutely meant that Nomar would be worse off if he came to Chicago.

Typical Gammons. :angry:

Palehose13
Hey Gammons...Bite this!
:bart

soxfan26
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Out of nowhere, Nomar has gone from cult figure in Boston, and now his job is about to be taken from him and everyone in boston wants him out and all of a sudden he's gonna go play at US Cellular field for a cheapskate owner.

Why do you waste everyones time calling yourself a Sox fan?

princek
12-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Gammons **** you chowder face!!!

ssang
12-18-2003, 04:16 PM
You people are so sensitive it's comical !! Gammons is speaking about Nomar's happiness overall from this trade. I think he's not happy not Soley because he's being traded to the Sox., but rather, it's because he's not in So Cal, he was totally dicked over by his team, city and his own fans. And now he is playing for a team with a very small chance of playing in the world series (the White Sox). Now, let me ask all of you sensitive Sox fans who think the world hates us.....would you be happy if you were Nomar???? The answer is no. And the reason is not because he's being traded to the White Sox in particular. But rather Nomar is unhappy with all the circumstances that pertain to this crazy trade. NOW STOP BITCHING. It gets really old. All the message board does is bicth, whine, and complain. It makes Sox fans seem like lil'
b**ches if you ask me.

princek
12-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ssang
You people are so sensitive it's comical !! Gammons is speaking about Nomar's happiness overall from this trade. I think he's not happy ONLY because he's being traded to the Sox. It's because he's not in So Cal, he was totally dicked over by his team, city and his own fans. And now he is playing for a team with a very small chance of playing in the world series (the White Sox). Now, let me ask all of you sensitive Sox fans who think the world hates us.....would you be happy if you were Nomar???? The answer is no. And the reason is not because he's being traded to the White Sox in particular. But rather Nomar is unhappy with all the circumstances that pertain to this crazy trade. NOW STOP BITCHING. It gets really old. All the message board does is bicth, whine, and complain. It makes Sox fans seem like lil'
b**ches if you ask me.

ssang this is no time for rational thinking!!

MRKARNO
12-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26

I'm not saying that that's my opinion but it's certainly how Nomar would think. You want to know why Gammons made that comment and I'm just trying to provide an explanation. This is how a lot of people view the White Sox compared to the Red Sox. Do you want the truth or can't you handle it?

miker
12-18-2003, 04:24 PM
All the message board does is bicth, whine, and complain. It makes Sox fans seem like lil' b**ches if you ask me.

Not true...there is the occasional smart a** remark...

soxfan26
12-18-2003, 04:25 PM
I'm not saying that that's my opinion but it's certainly how Nomar would think. You want to know why Gammons made that comment and I'm just trying to provide an explanation. This is how a lot of people view the White Sox compared to the Red Sox. Do you want the truth or can't you handle it?

You want to expand on and validate a statement that the South side is a horrible place to play, and that our owner is the Antichrist.

Then why do you go there to watch ball games? Why do you parade around calling yourself a Sox fan?

I can handle the truth Colonel, as a matter of fact I think I'm entitled to it.

MRKARNO
12-18-2003, 04:30 PM
You want to expand on and validate a statement that the South side is a horrible place to play, and that our owner is the Antichrist.

Then why do you go there to watch ball games? Why do you parade around calling yourself a Sox fan?

I can handle the truth Colonel, as a matter of fact I think I'm entitled to it.

Our owner is cheap. Wake up and smell the coffee. White Flag Trade anyone? 58 Million dollar payroll this year in a large market? I dont get how he ISNT a cheap owner. And his name is synonomous throughout sports with cheap owners.

US Cellular field is a great place to watch baseball, but the truth is that not many people wake up and say "I really want to play for the White Sox." Just as few people really want to play for the Minnesota Twins or the Royals. It's a fact of life, the White Sox are as desirable to play for as the Red Sox to most players.

Why do I support the White Sox? Because I live in Chicago. I hate the Cubs. I grew up with the Sox, etc. But just because I'm a fan doesnt mean that I have to paint a rosy portrait of my team

MarqSox
12-18-2003, 04:39 PM
You people are so sensitive it's comical !! Gammons is speaking about Nomar's happiness overall from this trade. I think he's not happy not Soley because he's being traded to the Sox., but rather, it's because he's not in So Cal, he was totally dicked over by his team, city and his own fans.
You're right, he's been dicked over ... so wouldn't that mean he would WANT the trade to go through? If it doesn't, he's stuck with the people that dicked him over. No, Gammons was implying that he shouldn't want the trade to go through because there's something wrong with the ChiSox.

StillMissOzzie
12-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
You're right, he's been dicked over ... so wouldn't that mean he would WANT the trade to go through? If it doesn't, he's stuck with the people that dicked him over. No, Gammons was implying that he shouldn't want the trade to go through because there's something wrong with the ChiSox.

Maybe Nomar has been dicked over, but IMHO, he has only himself to blame. He's the one who turned down the BoSox offer of 4 / $60M ( that's an avg of $15M/ yr for the arithmetically challenged ) Do you still think he'll get that much?

SMO
:gulp:

MRKARNO
12-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Maybe Nomar has been dicked over, but IMHO, he has only himself to blame. He's the one who turned down the BoSox offer of 4 / $60M ( that's an avg of $15M/ yr for the arithmetically challenged ) Do you still think he'll get that much?

SMO
:gulp:

Based on what Tejada got? I would guess so. But did Tejada get 52 mil or 72 mil? I've seen conflicting reports, but I'd guess its the 52

DaveGusinSeattle
12-18-2003, 05:52 PM
You people are so sensitive it's comical !! Gammons is speaking about Nomar's happiness overall from this trade. I think he's not happy not Soley because he's being traded to the Sox., but rather, it's because he's not in So Cal, he was totally dicked over by his team, city and his own fans. And now he is playing for a team with a very small chance of playing in the world series (the White Sox). Now, let me ask all of you sensitive Sox fans who think the world hates us.....would you be happy if you were Nomar???? The answer is no. And the reason is not because he's being traded to the White Sox in particular. But rather Nomar is unhappy with all the circumstances that pertain to this crazy trade. NOW STOP BITCHING. It gets really old. All the message board does is bicth, whine, and complain. It makes Sox fans seem like lil'
b**ches if you ask me.
:D:
:) MAGGLIO STAYS!!!
I hope...
NO TO TRADING FOR SEATTLE REJECTS :gulp:
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Lip Man 1
12-18-2003, 08:46 PM
I find it interesting that some folks know exactly what Gammons was implying (ever though they are not Gammons himself...)

Mr. Karno, you have the right idea.

Lip

doublem23
12-18-2003, 09:02 PM

JC? Back again?

Anyways, Gammons is a jag-off.

doublem23
12-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I find it interesting that some folks know exactly what Gammons was implying (ever though they are not Gammons himself...)

Mr. Karno, you have the right idea.

Lip

Oh, so you know what Gammons was implying? You're as right and/or wrong as anyone on the board.

adsit
12-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Well, at the very least, it's sketchy "commentary," begging an obvious follow-up question... Why, in all "frankness," would Mr. Gammons not blame Nomar for not wanting this trade to happen? Gammons didn't bother to elaborate, so all anyone's left to do is fill in the blanks.

You don't suppose Gammons gave a vague 'opinion' ON PURPOSE, do you?

While I still refuse to believe it was an implied slam on the White Sox, we just don't know, do we?

jamteh
12-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Did anyone just see Gammons on "SportsCenter"? He was even more incoherent than normal. Blah, blah A-Rod, blah, blah...probably going to happen....

He's the same guy who went on national TV about a month ago and said the A-Rod for Ramirez trade is a joke and there's no way it would ever happen.
Blah, blah, blah, Red Sox

Tragg
12-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Kenny should let those to schmucks do the deal and then nix his end of it just to see Gammons cry. He is really insufferable.
" A rod doesn't want to go back to Texas - he wants to play for a inner"
Gee, he should have thought of that when he signed with Texas. And Boston, a winner? Yes, if a playoff team is a winner.

oheeoh...magglio
12-18-2003, 10:21 PM
People, I understand that Gammons is a fool and was dissing the sox in his comment, but WHO CARES?? We all know Gammons is a tool, and really, I don't give a crap what he says. I am more worried about who is going to be our 2b, cf'er, and who will pitch for us in middle relief next year. Look, I don't like the fact that the media, both local and national, screws our team over, but it's not going to stop as long as Uncle Jerry owns the team, and we need to learn to ignore it. The only media that I can understand annoying you guys is the local media's obsession with the cubs, because it annoys me too as well as any sox fan that turns on a tv or radio, but we should be worrying about more important things than the implementations of one Peter Gammons comment.

JaylisJP
12-18-2003, 10:26 PM
that's right, in fact, a true SOX fan would realize how horrible this team is going to be next year, and the frustration comes out with honestly, so be it.

Soxfest
12-18-2003, 10:28 PM
Gammons and ESPN there is only 1 SOX team, the Red

CubKilla
12-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Whether or not Gammons was ripping the White Sox Organization with this comment, it's time for White Sox fans to face a few facts. 1.) Most of MLB's premier players DO NOT want to play for Chicago's SouthSide. 2.) Most of MLB's premier players DO NOT want to deal with JR and his cheap/underhanded tactics. And 3.) Most of MLB's premier players DO NOT want to call USCF home. USCF is one of the worst of the new stadiums according to the MLBPA.

This Organization is a joke. MLBP's remember the "White Flag Trade." MLBP's remember who lead the Lock-Out in '94. If I was blessed with the talent to be a MLBP, only my boyhood loyalty to the White Sox would make me want to play for this joke of an Organization.

jordan23ventura
12-18-2003, 10:50 PM

Everything from the above post is correct.
a) Boston loves Nomar, but who wouldn't want Arod instead?
b) Reinsdorf IS cheap.

Gammons, yes, is an ass. Nomar has reason to be upset, but I find it hard to believe that as professional as he is he would come out and say he wouldn't want to play for Chicago. Besides, even if the trade does end up going through, it's not like he would HAVE to resign with the WhiteSox anyway. And it's not like JR would try to outbid anybody.

Lip Man 1
12-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Carefull CubKilla or the optimists are going to say you're not a "true" fan! (Of course your comments are dead on but they'll ignore that...)

Lip

MHOUSE
12-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Ok you're Nomar. Would you be happy about coming to play for the White Sox? NO!

Boston played in the ALCS, added lots of talent this offseason, and now is poised to give NYY are real run for their money. Now your team, your city, your world turns on you, wants you out in favor of another player, and basically says don't let the door hit you in the butt. So can you go home to southern California and play for the Dodgers? Nope, you're headed for a second-place team in the league's worst division with no hope (certainly less than Boston has) of playing in the 2004 world series. I don't blame him either folks and yes, I do call myself a white sox fan.

CubKilla
12-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Ok you're Nomar. Would you be happy about coming to play for the White Sox? NO!

Boston played in the ALCS, added lots of talent this offseason, and now is poised to give NYY are real run for their money. Now your team, your city, your world turns on you, wants you out in favor of another player, and basically says don't let the door hit you in the butt. So can you go home to southern California and play for the Dodgers? Nope, you're headed for a second-place team in the league's worst division with no hope (certainly less than Boston has) of playing in the 2004 world series. I don't blame him either folks and yes, I do call myself a white sox fan.

STOP IT! You're making too much sense!