PDA

View Full Version : Will Texas try to Move A Rod anyway?

E Coast Sox Fan
12-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Does Texas still have an interest in moving A Rod? It seems to me that KW and the Sox could put together a pretty good offer (Valentin & Thomas) for ARod and some cash to offset his mammoth salary. Would Texas be willing to eat some of A Rod's salary going forward :smile: ?

TJR

soxfan26
12-18-2003, 04:03 PM
It seems to me if Texas were willing to take on his salry he would be wearing a Red Sox hat by now.

Unregistered
Deep pink = pipe dreams
Teal = sarcasm

CHISOXFAN13
Originally posted by E Coast Sox Fan
Does Texas still have an interest in moving A Rod? It seems to me that KW and the Sox could put together a pretty good offer (Valentin & Thomas) for ARod and some cash to offset his mammoth salary. Would Texas be willing to eat some of A Rod's salary going forward :smile: ?

TJR

Do you honestly believe thast if Boston, a team willinig to spend money, is unable to oull this off that the White Sox can?

Foulke You
12-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Considering A-Rod's $25 million a year salary would be about 42% of the Sox $59 million budget, I would say not a chance in hell he comes to the White Sox. Plus, A-Rod wants to be on a contender. We are only marginally better off than the Rangers and that is largely because we are in the AL Central.

Baby Fisk
12-18-2003, 04:16 PM
It's about pitching! Pitching! Soylent Green is Pitching! (sorry...coming unhinged after a week of this A-Rod business)