View Full Version : Deal Is Dead

dpbyron
12-18-2003, 04:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1689432

CHISOXFAN13
12-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by dpbyron
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1689432

Nowhere in that piece does it say the deal is deal. Unlikely, yes, but not dead yet.

If they want him that bad, this will work out in the last hour.

dpbyron
12-18-2003, 04:12 PM
True, barring a MIRACLE!

Hokiesox
12-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Fine, they're all too rich for their own good anyway. The union just wants to make sure they stay too rich. If some good comes out of this whole episode we can hope for the following:

1) Maggs signs through 2009.

2) Somehow salaries go down. I don't know how, but somewhere there's a high profile player sitting there thinking "this is crazy, no wonder nobody likes us"

dpbyron
12-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Agreed... The union is WAY TOO POWERFUL

soxfan26
12-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
2) Somehow salaries go down. I don't know how, but somewhere there's a high profile player sitting there thinking "this is crazy, no wonder nobody likes us"

I pledge that if any team were to give me a try out I would never ask for more than $2 Million dollars per season. No signing bonuses, no incentives, no deferred money, no buyouts, no no trade clause, no arbitration, just pay me $2 Million and I will play baseball.

I bat 2nd on my softball team, I'm kind of speedy for a 27 year old white guy, I only missed half of one game the last 2 seasons, my D is solid at 1B or 3B. I bat and throw R handed.

Give me a call

Quick Edit: I can play the OF too, I just may be a viable replacement for Maggs if the Nomar trade goes down.

thepaulbowski
12-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
Fine, they're all too rich for their own good anyway. The union just wants to make sure they stay too rich. If some good comes out of this whole episode we can hope for the following:

1) Maggs signs through 2009.

The game needs more super stars like Cal Ripken Jr. People that realize it is a privilege to do what they do, they just "get it." People that realize the game is more than them, but the players union doesn't look at it this way.

mandmandm
12-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Didn't Cal travel seperately from the rest of his teamates?

Mammoo
12-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Good...I usually enjoy the hype around trade rumors, but this was way over the top.

I'm glad Maggs is staying. Quite frankly, he's the best ball player in Chicago; why trade him.

To Maggs :gulp:

Hangar18
12-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Didn't Cal travel seperately from the rest of his teamates?

yeah he did!