PDA

View Full Version : Neyer on Rose's newbook.

Dadawg_77
12-18-2003, 01:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=neyer_rob&id=1688802

Pete Rose has a new book coming out next month. Jan. 8, to be precise. Now, you might ask, "Why Jan. 8? Wouldn't the publisher want the book out before Christmas?"

On Tuesday, somebody asked me that question exactly. I gave a vague answer.

Then I looked at my calendar, and it all became very clear to me. Sure, it's speculation, but stay with me here...

davenicholson
12-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Completely off topic, but does anyone know how to get rid of ESPN's annoying panel on the left side that obscures the first couple of words of every story? Thanks!

Dadawg_77
12-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by davenicholson
Completely off topic, but does anyone know how to get rid of ESPN's annoying panel on the left side that obscures the first couple of words of every story? Thanks!

Play with your screen resolution. That should take care of the problem.

Greg1983
12-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Damn...Neyer's theory is insane and creepy enough that it makes perfect sense.

davenicholson
12-18-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Play with your screen resolution. That should take care of the problem.
Thanks, Dawg. From your hint, rather than changing my resolution, I changed the text size in IE. Now I can see the whole article, but my bifocals aren't strong enough for me to read it :D:

Dadawg_77
12-18-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Another way to handle it to highlight the text you can't read. This usually causes the text to become white with a dark background and should make it easier to read. I almost always use this when some site uses neon green as their color.