PDA

View Full Version : 3 ring circus outside union HQ in Manhattan

Fenway
12-18-2003, 12:23 PM
I work in the media (cameraman) and thanks to a Boston fan website, a full scale circus is now going on

from www.bostondirtdogs.com

Save Baseball Rally Today!

Join Boston Dirt Dogs, the BLOHARDS (B)enevolent and (L)oyal (O)rder of (H)onorable and (A)ncient (R)ed Sox (D)iehard (S)ufferers of New York, and all the sick and tired, rich and poor, young and old members of Red Sox Nation in a Fan Rally to Save Baseball from the Sketchy Lawyers in the Fancy Suits.

Please Tell Your Friends Who Can Make it into the City

New York City Fan Rally to
Save Baseball in Boston
Thursday December 18th
High Noon until it's Done. Again.
Outside MLB Players' Association Headquarters
12 East 49th Street
New York City

Please brings thoughtful signs, national media coverage expected.
Note time change due to shuttle, train delays out of Boston.
Sources indicate Big Dog, Remdawg, and Bill Lee will be attending.
Yankee fans welcome, it's their sport too.

The Chants:

"Here we go A-Rod, here we go..(clap, clap). Here we go A-Rod here we go."

and

"Let's go Red Sox... Let's Go Red Sox"

maurice
12-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Very strange people.

The web site argues that they should "let the player make the call." The player (A-Rod) HAS made the call. He's said (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1688755) that he agrees with anything the union decides.

Baby Fisk
12-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Proof that Boston fans are mystical lunatics. Then again, I hear tell about White Sox fans doing a "demonstration" of their own at Soxfest...

DirtySouthsider
12-18-2003, 12:40 PM
That guy scares me :o:

Fenway
12-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
That guy scares me :o:

Dirt Dog is quite the character, but his website has taken off thanks in part by the sports anchor at the CBS station in Boston Bob Lobel.

But baseball is king here

thepaulbowski
12-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Very strange people.

The web site argues that they should "let the player make the call." The player (A-Rod) HAS made the call. He's said (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1688755) that he agrees with anything the union decides.

I'm sure he decided to say that on his own

Hokiesox
12-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Proof that Boston fans are mystical lunatics. Then again, I hear tell about White Sox fans doing a "demonstration" of their own at Soxfest...

Looks like Hangar is not as nuts as we thought he was. Seems like he has a long way to go. :D:

Baby Fisk
12-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by fenway
www.bostondirtdogs.com
Actually, this a pretty cool site.

...until I found the blog entitled "Bambino's Curse"! See what I mean! These people are fatally obsessed!

...but to be fair, there's also a section petitioning for the forgiveness of Bill Buckner. (I guess 17 years of personal torment was his sentence.)

MarqSox
12-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by fenway
But baseball is king here
We know. We get beaten over the head with it every time we turn on ESPN.

Fenway
12-18-2003, 02:31 PM
one of lifes great mysteries on how they wound up in Bristol, CT

you driving along looking at cows and suddenly ESPN appears like something you see in a science fiction movie.

Originally posted by MarqSox
We know. We get beaten over the head with it every time we turn on ESPN.

shbart
12-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Have any of you ever read Espn: The Uncensored History ? It's an entertaining read. Especially the history of the early days. The description of the first SportsCenter cablecast is hilarious.

maurice
12-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski

No, he's been brainwashed by those evil communist sympathizers in that awful union. A-Rod is just a mindless puppet of the pinkos. No player would DARE go up against those union toughs.

Johnny Mostil
12-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski

Um, and who exactly would be forcing him?

Do you really think he gets that contract without the MLBPA? Or did your unnamed third party also force him to sign the richest contract in baseball history?