PDA

View Full Version : Random thought about 2005

Tekijawa
12-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Let's say we land Nomar and then trade Valentin... Then Nomar Walks next year as is expected. We Then Have URIBE as our ONLY "Major League Ready" SS for next year... I don't like the prospects for the available SS in next years FA crop, I can't Name one but I know who they aren't!

Any thoughts... Unless we get a QUALITY minor league SS at some point in any of these trades I think we're Screwed!

Tekijawa
12-18-2003, 11:43 AM
I would also like to point out that we would then have the double play Combo of Harris and Uribe! That alone should strike fear..........

In SOX FANS EVERYWHERE!

voodoochile
12-18-2003, 11:47 AM
2005? 2005? 2005?!??!???!!!

Good Lord, Man. Can we at least get through the 2003-04 off-season before we start worrying about the year AFTER this next one?

:)

CLR01
12-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Let's say we land Nomar and then trade Valentin... Then Nomar Walks next year as is expected. We Then Have URIBE as our ONLY "Major League Ready" SS for next year... I don't like the prospects for the available SS in next years FA crop, I can't Name one but I know who they aren't!

Any thoughts... Unless we get a QUALITY minor league SS at some point in any of these trades I think we're Screwed!

We could always try to resign Jose.

Tekijawa
12-18-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Good Lord, Man. Can we at least get through the 2003-04 off-season before we start worrying about the year AFTER this next one?

That's the same SHORT SIGHTED ATTITUDE that has gotten us in this position now... We don't have the LUXURY of thinking about this year when we have JUST ABOUT EVERYONE leaving next year again! We currently have 2 guys signed through to next season (2005) Koneko and Buehrle... Quite a nucleus to build around!

Palehose13
12-18-2003, 11:55 AM

There is no guarantee that we would would have Jose for 2005 if we kept him, leaving us in the same situation.

ChiSoxBobette
12-18-2003, 11:55 AM

I don't think we should even worry about keeping Nomar ESPN is reporting that if the deal for A-Rod gos down and we get Nomar for Maggs that we are going to ship Nomar to the Angels for I think they said Jarrod Washburn & Troy Percival

oheeoh...magglio
12-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I agree 100 percent with this. I am not really worrying about 2005 when the 2004 season doesn't start for 3 and a half months.

voodoochile
12-18-2003, 11:57 AM
That's the same SHORT SIGHTED ATTITUDE that has gotten us in this position now... We don't have the LUXURY of thinking about this year when we have JUST ABOUT EVERYONE leaving next year again! We currently have 2 guys signed through to next season (2005) Koneko and Buehrle... Quite a nucleus to build around!

Frank has a team option.

Garland, Crede, Olivo, Lee, Harris, most of the bullpen and some others that I am sure I am forgetting are all team property at that time.

Your hyperbole is extreme and doesn't actually say anything, IMO.

Sure, it would be nice to have set players at every starting position for years to come, but there are a few more people who will be here than just those two starting the 2005 season.

Yes, the Sox need a SS in years to come. However, there is the little matter of 2004 to deal with first.

joecrede
12-18-2003, 12:01 PM

Carlos Guillen would move from second to short.

miker
12-18-2003, 12:31 PM

Wow, only two players -- JR will love those payroll numbers!

Baby Fisk
12-18-2003, 12:43 PM
When, when, WHEN will the rebuilding STOP?!?! :whiner:

:reinsy
"Relax, kiddo. This is just year 22 of my fabulous 42-year-strategy. Thank me at the parade in 2023."

FanOf14
12-18-2003, 12:57 PM
In regards to 2005, they only thing I am thinking about is my wedding! :D: