PDA

View Full Version : bud selig could possible do some good

habibharu
12-18-2003, 11:05 AM
it says on Espn.com that he might just go against the union and OK the deal himself. this would be great news for all of us.

jabrch
12-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by habibharu
it says on Espn.com that he might just go against the union and OK the deal himself. this would be great news for all of us.

Not really - then this whole thing would get held up in courts and in arbitration. The end result is that we would all spend a lot of time here talking about what might happen - but be subject to the will of courts/arbitrators.

I want resolution so Kenny can get Nomar and then have the chips in his hands. Once we get Nomar, we can start playing Anaheim and Los Angeles against eachother for Nomar.

BTW, I really don't like the sound of Percival (older and more injury prone lately for a closer) and Washburn for Nomar. I'd rather stick with Nomar and move Jose to Seattle for Garcia and/or Guillen.

I'd also really like to see us know if Maggs is going to be around so we can make a move at Juan Gonzalez if that is a realistic option.

PaulDrake
12-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Bud could do some good and resign. Then he could go back to selling used cars or whatever it was he used to do before he became a baseball bigshot.

oheeoh...magglio
12-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Is it even legal for Bud to go against the union and ok the deal himself??

Brian26
12-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Is it even legal for Bud to go against the union and ok the deal himself??

Are you kidding me? Fehr is licking his chops as we speak, with dollar signs in his eyes.

oheeoh...magglio
12-18-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Are you kidding me? Fehr is licking his chops as we speak, with dollar signs in his eyes.

Ok, i'll take that as a yes. I can't decide if i hate Bud or the Players Union more, they are both scum.

Brian26
12-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Ok, i'll take that as a yes. I can't decide if i hate Bud or the Players Union more, they are both scum.

No, take that as a no. I don't think Selig can do it without MAJOR legal ramifications.

oheeoh...magglio
12-18-2003, 12:21 PM
No, take that as a no. I don't think Selig can do it without MAJOR legal ramifications.

Hmm, all of this trade talk is causing me to not think straight :D: . That's what I figured, that there would be SERIOUS legal problems if Bud did that.

Brian26
12-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Hmm, all of this trade talk is causing me to not think straight :D: . That's what I figured, that there would be SERIOUS legal problems if Bud did that.

Half the guys probably could care less, but the whole point of the union is to stick together on issues like this. I guess it sets a bad precendent.

thepaulbowski
12-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Half the guys probably could care less, but the whole point of the union is to stick together on issues like this. I guess it sets a bad precendent.

The MLBPA sticks together at the expense of the fans & the game...screw em.

Dadawg_77
12-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
The MLBPA sticks together at the expense of the fans & the game...screw em.

The expense of the fans and the game? Think about free agency is great for the fans. Without it what would the hot stove be like? Attendance has gone up since advent of free agency. The union made and makes the game better, then what it was when the owners dictated what happened.