PDA

View Full Version : Kenny just loves Dan Evans and the Dodgers


MRKARNO
12-18-2003, 10:08 AM
:KW

"I don't know how many tampering rules have been violated over there, but it has to be some sort of league record."

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/181sd2.htm

Unregistered
12-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Least favorite quote from KW in this article?

"It's very possible that little happens for us the rest of the offseason. You just might be able to pencil in the position players that we have right now as the same ones we open spring training with."

Ok, now I think I'm sick. Even if this deal goes through, I'd like to think that we'd have still have a few trades to make after the fact...

Alas, such is White Sox Baseball. :(:

fquaye149
12-18-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Least favorite quote from KW in this article?



Ok, now I think I'm sick. Even if this deal goes through, I'd like to think that we'd have still have a few trades to make after the fact...

Alas, such is White Sox Baseball. :(:



.....and after he just got done blasting the dodgers etc. for leaking, you think he's being completely forthcoming in saying that?

Unregistered
12-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
.....and after he just got done blasting the dodgers etc. for leaking, you think he's being completely forthcoming in saying that? ...and of course he contradicts himself 3 paragraphs later by saying
"We're not done by a long shot. (Reinsdorf) has always given me parameters to work with and expects me to be creative within those parameters. I will tell you this: We won't do anything that won't make this team better for now and the future." So, as usual.. who the hell knows.

I liked the little blurb that JR would be willing to go "slightly above" the team's $58 million payroll budget if there is a player available who might make a difference in the division race.

Glad that going over that crap payroll is at least an OPTION...

:reinsy
"Merry Christmas, you idiots!"

Tragg
12-18-2003, 10:51 AM
I'm much more comfortable with kenny dealing with dan evans than with epstein or steinbrenner trying to unload players.

anewman35
12-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Least favorite quote from KW in this article?



Ok, now I think I'm sick. Even if this deal goes through, I'd like to think that we'd have still have a few trades to make after the fact...

Alas, such is White Sox Baseball. :(:

You should know Kenny by now, he pretty much never lets on what he's doing. I'm sure he'll be working all winter trying to improve the team, but at the same time he's not going to start randomly making trades just to make people happy. If the trades present themselves, they'll be made. If not, we can deal.

cornball
12-18-2003, 11:14 AM
I wonder what the team would look like if Kenny actually had some money to work with.

bobj4400
12-18-2003, 11:17 AM
My favorite part of the article:

"Frank said he thinks it's B.S. that a former teammate of his that couldn't do the things he did at the plate is now trying to embarrass him," the source said.

Guillen and Thomas have not talked since Guillen's hiring, and the source said Thomas has no plans to talk to Guillen until it's "absolutely necessary."

And who doesnt think this Ozzie experience is going to be a complete disaster???

anewman35
12-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
My favorite part of the article:

"Frank said he thinks it's B.S. that a former teammate of his that couldn't do the things he did at the plate is now trying to embarrass him," the source said.

Guillen and Thomas have not talked since Guillen's hiring, and the source said Thomas has no plans to talk to Guillen until it's "absolutely necessary."

And who doesnt think this Ozzie experience is going to be a complete disaster???

Oh, like Frank hasn't pouted about things before? It's like the boy who cried wolf, it's hard to take his moods seriously anymore.

hold2dibber
12-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by anewman35
Oh, like Frank hasn't pouted about things before? It's like the boy who cried wolf, it's hard to take his moods seriously anymore.

True, but don't you agree that Ozzie needlessly instigated this mess? I guarantee you this won't be the last time this year that the Sox have a distracting soap opera "scandal" because of Ozzie's inability to filter what he says to the press. He talks too much and he doesn't really think about what he says. It's going to cause problems.

Mammoo
12-18-2003, 11:44 AM
"...board chairman Jerry Reinsdorf would be willing to go slightly above the team's $58 million payroll budget if there is a player available who might make a difference in the division race."

Yea...he'd be willing to go all the way up to $58,000,010! :angry:

jabrch
12-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
And who doesnt think this Ozzie experience is going to be a complete disaster???


Ozzie is the manager of this club. The only way it will be a disaster is if players do not want to behave accordingly. All Frank has to do is do what his coaches tell him and he will be fine. It is the same as with any of us. Do what your bosses say - and you have no problems. Even if they are jerks and instigate with you, you can't go picking fights back with them.

That's life Folks. I hope Frank realizes this.

Now granted, Ozzie can do some things to minimize that, and calling out Frank when he was hired wasn't the best way to start off, but he did - and now it is Franks job to do Franks job - follow his manager's instructions.