PDA

View Full Version : Everything this offseason has been a disapointment

lowesox
12-17-2003, 11:26 PM
First we were going to re-sign Fartolo. We didn't.

We were for sure going to resign Alomar and probably Gordon. Nope, those things didn't happen either.

We were going to sign Ponson 3 yrs, 6 million dollars - that didn't happen.

Koch to the Mets. Konerko to the Dodgers. Valentin to Seatle.
No. No. No.

Oh and Maggs to Boston for Nomar who goes to LA... and well, that's not going to happen either it seems.

So you really need to wonder, is every rumor BS? I'd guess that we the fans are so disapointed with our managment that we're willing to bite on every possibility for change. Well, that or we have a GM that can't close anything.

This sucks.

CLR01
12-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Oh and Maggs to Boston for Nomar who goes to LA... and well, that's not going to happen either it seems.

So you really need to wonder, is every rumor BS? I'd guess that we the fans are so disapointed with our managment that we're willing to bite on every possibility for change. Well, that or we have a GM that can't close anything.

This sucks.

You can't blame this trade on KW or sox management. We can't trade Nomar if we dont have him and we wont get him until the ARod deal is done.

SluggersAway
12-18-2003, 12:20 AM
You sound like a broken record.

Let's try to sing a sweeter tune...

Try this for a few reasons to rejoice...

http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php3?table=old&section=current&issue=2003-12-13&id=3832

Lip Man 1
12-18-2003, 12:40 AM
The baseball gods piss on Sox fans...then laugh about it.

Lip

SluggersAway
12-18-2003, 12:48 AM
I think you mean Detroit.

Lip Man 1
12-18-2003, 12:49 AM
No... I don't mean Detroit. They at least went to and won the World Series in 1968 and 1984. Or did you forget that?

Lip

pudge
12-18-2003, 01:03 AM
Give me a break, stop the crying... it's not like Ponson has been signed yet, it's not like LA isn't still going to need offense and Seattle isn't still going to dump Garcia.

KW has done something every offseason, some good and some not good. He will make some moves this offseason, you can bank on it.