PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times covers = Cubune Jr.

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2001, 02:13 PM
Unbelievable sights, this week, while walking around the city. I don't normally read the Sun-Times, but I've noticed that no less than 4 times in the past week, the front page of the Sun-Times has featured an *enormous* picture (like, almost half the front page) of some member of the Flubs -- usually Sham-ME -- with a little caption about their wondrous victory or Sham-ME homer the day before if the Flubs lost.

Yes, 4 times in one week, possibly more, in one of the 2 major daily newspapers in the city.

Did this sh*t happen with the Sox last year when they were in FIRST PLACE FOR ALMOST THE ENTIRE SEASON?!? Unreal. The Baby Bears so much as fart, and this city rolls over and oohs and ahhs for them as if being 4 games behind first place and surrounded by 4-5 teams for the Wild Card is Baseball Nirvana.

These slights just make me root all the harder for the Astros, Giants, Cardinals, Dodgers, Phillies, Diamondbacks, etc. -- any team that can possibly bury the Flubbies' sorry asses that much further in the standings, so that I don't have to experience the sickening sights of this city going ga-ga over Mediocrity epitomized.

4-0 Braves -- yes!
1-0 Reds -- no!
Etc.