PDA

View Full Version : Gammons can suck my


BackInBlack
12-17-2003, 07:15 PM
popsicle.

Anyone hear him on SportsCenter voiceing Nomar's "disappointment" that he'd wind up on the South Side of Chicago rather than LA? What Gammons fails to mention is how Nomar is frickin FROM California! The wad is making us look bad in front of a national audience.

Daver
12-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
popsicle.

Anyone hear him on SportsCenter voiceing Nomar's "disappointment" that he'd wind up on the South Side of Chicago rather than LA? What Gammons fails to mention is how Nomar is frickin FROM California! The wad is making us look bad in front of a national audience.

Your just now noticing that?

He's been doing it for years.

HITMEN OF 77
12-17-2003, 07:27 PM
So why would we trade for a guy who would be "dissapointed" to play here? LA or Boston can have him.

idseer
12-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
So why would we trade for a guy who would be "dissapointed" to play here? LA or Boston can have him.

i imagine half the team or more is disappointed to be here. we can't let that stop us. :D:

Jjav829
12-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by idseer
i imagine half the team or more is disappointed to be here. we can't let that stop us. :D:

LOL, my thoughts exactly. If we based our team solely around guys who wanted to be here, we'd have....well....Dan Plesac! That's about all. :smile: :(: :whiner:

StepsInSC
12-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
popsicle.

Anyone hear him on SportsCenter voiceing Nomar's "disappointment" that he'd wind up on the South Side of Chicago rather than LA? What Gammons fails to mention is how Nomar is frickin FROM California! The wad is making us look bad in front of a national audience.

Whatever his reasons for being dissapointed are, they're kind of irrelevant. The simple fact is he doesn't want to be here. It all kind of makes me unsure about even bringing him in.

Brian26
12-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
LOL, my thoughts exactly. If we based our team solely around guys who wanted to be here, we'd have....well....Dan Plesac! That's about all. :smile: :(: :whiner:

Ha. We'd have a hell of a bullpen. Add Farmio and Don Pall to that list. :smile:

jabrch
12-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
So why would we trade for a guy who would be "dissapointed" to play here? LA or Boston can have him.

Cuz if he is in a contract year, and he is not happy where he is, he damn well better hit the snot out of the ball to prove that he is worth it to someone else to go there next year. Otherwise he might end up having to take JR's package of 3/12 deferred out until the sun crashed into the earth.

chisox06
12-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
popsicle.

Anyone hear him on SportsCenter voiceing Nomar's "disappointment" that he'd wind up on the South Side of Chicago rather than LA? What Gammons fails to mention is how Nomar is frickin FROM California! The wad is making us look bad in front of a national audience.

So it Gammons' fault that Nomar doesnt want to play on the sox? If thats what Nomar said, then its Gammons' job to report it. Im not a Gammons fan but geeze, thats taking it a little far.

Daver
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
So it Gammons' fault that Nomar doesnt want to play on the sox? If thats what Nomar said, then its Gammons' job to report it. Im not a Gammons fan but geeze, thats taking it a little far.

You might want to change your sig,the Champ car series filed for bankruptcy today.

:)

minastirith67
12-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Daver
You might want to change your sig,the Champ car series filed for bankruptcy today.

:)



Ouch.


Seriously though, what is the fun in watching cars go around in circles for numerous laps like so many devoted people go to see every year?

jordan23ventura
12-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67




Ouch.


Seriously though, what is the fun in watching cars go around in circles for numerous laps like so many devoted people go to see every year?


Because sometimes they crash.

Daver
12-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67
Ouch.


Seriously though, what is the fun in watching cars go around in circles for numerous laps like so many devoted people go to see every year?

I am a huge racing fan,and also a participant,I will not try to explain the attraction,auto racing is a case of you like it or you don't,there really is no middle ground.

Chisox_cali
12-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I am a huge racing fan,and also a participant,I will not try to explain the attraction,auto racing is a case of you like it or you don't,there really is no middle ground.

NASCAR shoul use Dane Cook's idea to make it more interesting. Have half the cars go one way and the half the cars go the other :)

CLR01
12-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Ha. We'd have a hell of a bullpen. Add Farmio and Don Pall to that list. :smile:



Don't forget about the versatile Josh Paul. I'd imagine he could play every IF or OF position simultaneously.

santo=dorf
12-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Cuz if he is in a contract year, and he is not happy where he is, he damn well better hit the snot out of the ball to prove that he is worth it to someone else to go there next year. Otherwise he might end up having to take JR's package of 3/12 deferred out until the sun crashed into the earth.

Look at money Bartolo got after his "contract year." With the exceptions to injuries, teams will be very willing to sign him after the 2004 season.

Hondo
12-17-2003, 10:50 PM
But I'm sure being a minority in Boston is the homiest and most welcoming place in the world

And how in the hell would Gammons know? I don't see him and Nomah going out for coffee

Realist
12-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Ha. We'd have a hell of a bullpen. Add Farmio and Don Pall to that list. :smile:

I went to a game with Don Pall near the end of last season. I told him he should start working on a knuckler because he could probably have a few years left in him and we could use him. :smile:

He said he tried and he couldn't get it to work. :D:

chisox06
12-18-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Daver
You might want to change your sig,the Champ car series filed for bankruptcy today.

:)

Yup they filed for bankruptcy which is the best news Ive heard in a long time. CART filed for chapter 11 bankrupcty protection and an elite group of owners formed a new company, OWRS (Open Wheel Racing Series) which will take CART's liqudated assets and pool their money together to run the series in 04' under new management. CART is far from dead Heres an article http://espn.go.com/rpm/cart/2003/1215/1687224.html. I would hate to see CART die, as a diehard open wheel fan, I would never subject myself to the contrived no talent circle racing in NECKCAR or the IRL.

chisox06
12-18-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by minastirith67
Ouch.


Seriously though, what is the fun in watching cars go around in circles for numerous laps like so many devoted people go to see every year?

Why do people go to a ball park to watch guys hit a ball with a bat? Why go to a hockey game to watch guys hit a piece of solid rubber through a net? Because people that follow the sport know about the finer points in place. And of course when your ignorant to a certain extent you can make anything sound simple.

Hullett_Fan
12-18-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Don't forget about the versatile Josh Paul. I'd imagine he could play every IF or OF position simultaneously.

We'd also have an HOF in the front office. The greatest of all time (Fisk) wanted to be a White Sox during his post-playing days, but management fed him to the dogs (i.e. when they kicked him out of the clubhouse during 93 playoffs).

It's no wonder no one wants to play on the South Side.