PDA

View Full Version : A cryptic message from Johh Henry

MRKARNO
12-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Well the Bosox owner posts on the Sons of Sam Horn Bosox message board and he adds at 6:22 PM today:

"It's an astonishing ending isn't it? Astonishing. In fact, it transcends baseball. "

Comments?

SoxOnTop
12-17-2003, 06:51 PM
No Mo' NOMAHHHHHHH

SluggersAway
12-17-2003, 06:52 PM
link?

MRKARNO
12-17-2003, 06:53 PM
http://pub208.ezboard.com/fsonsofsamhornbostonredsox.showMessage?topicID=123 66.topic&index=2558

SluggersAway
12-17-2003, 06:55 PM
and where is Jerry or at least Kenny on our board?...

If...

Hi Jerry.

Hi Kenny.

Any positions available for harvard-educated, Theo-type guys?

Merry Christmas.

http://aubreyherbert.blogspot.com

SoxOnTop
12-17-2003, 07:11 PM
How about Cornell educated???? :cool:

SoxOnTop
12-17-2003, 07:12 PM
Or U Of I?

SoxOnTop
12-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Or Northwestern?

I'm sure JR would love it because all these "smart guys" come cheap!!!!

Brian26
12-17-2003, 07:15 PM
How cool is it that Schilling and John Henry both post on that message board? Incredible stuff.

jabrch
12-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Oakton Community College - more priced in JRs budget!

Brian26
12-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Coincidentally, that particular thread on the SOSH board is on reply 2700! Can you imagine that? That's 27 Tomato awards on ONE thread!

:hawk

"MERCY!"

Fenway
12-17-2003, 07:48 PM
The RSN board just as bad
reply 2583 on Arod

http://forums.redsoxnation.net/index.php?showtopic=132

Pats are 12-2 nobody cares
Celtics Walker back in town blah
Bruins play Montreal last night yawn
JWH posts on SoSH its on all the newscasts

Originally posted by Brian26
Coincidentally, that particular thread on the SOSH board is on reply 2700! Can you imagine that? That's 27 Tomato awards on ONE thread!

:hawk

"MERCY!"

soxwon
12-17-2003, 08:00 PM
what did john henry say- is it a deal nomar to sox or not

shbart
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Hey Fenway,
Rumor has it you and Schilling are tight ;) I'm saying the deal goes through tomorrow. You think the announcement happens by noon for early edition follow up interviews or at 5 for newscast/live press conference?

guillen4life13
12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway
and where is Jerry or at least Kenny on our board?...

If...

Hi Jerry.

Hi Kenny.

Any positions available for harvard-educated, Theo-type guys?

Merry Christmas.

http://aubreyherbert.blogspot.com

If they posted in these boards and their identities were found out, they would be afraid (JR at least) that one of us crazy fans would trace the location of their computer, go to that location, and kill them then and there.

Fenway
12-17-2003, 08:29 PM
After JWH posted 3 hours ago at SoSH, I have no clue how this is coming down.

Another rumor making the circuit is Hicks wants the Red Sox radio contract for his own station

http://forums.redsoxnation.net/index.php?showtopic=398

Originally posted by shbart
Hey Fenway,
Rumor has it you and Schilling are tight ;) I'm saying the deal goes through tomorrow. You think the announcement happens by noon for early edition follow up interviews or at 5 for newscast/live press conference?

MisterB
12-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well the Bosox owner posts on the Sons of Sam Horn Bosox message board and he adds at 6:22 PM today:

"It's an astonishing ending isn't it? Astonishing. In fact, it transcends baseball. "

Comments?

My translation: "It's astonishing that both teams and both players wanted this deal to happen but the MLBPA could kill it."

Jjav829
12-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Wow, you can't even view SoSH now unless you're a member? fenway, are you a member there? I was able to read it before, but now it comes up with a message saying...

You have reached this page because Sons of Sam Horn requires membership to either view or post.

Brian26
12-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Wow, you can't even view SoSH now unless you're a member? fenway, are you a member there? I was able to read it before, but now it comes up with a message saying...

Wow, that's a new one on me. I just went over there 3 hours ago and could view the John Henry post.

MRKARNO
12-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I think that they're mad because they want Henry and Schilling to be able to post without it going all over the net in 10 minutes

Fenway
12-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Ya I can get in ok

In any event they just sent someone over to our board saying this is only for short term

they are getting murdered with hits tonight

Lip Man 1
12-18-2003, 01:19 AM
Here's my answer:

Dear John:

You can have A-Rod tonight, in the next hour, in fact you can get him this very instant!

ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE DEAL AND SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!

One of your fellow owners gave him this deal, you want him? Honor it! Stop trying to force him to take less money just so you can get him. No wonder the union said no, there would be nothing to stop this from happening every time a high priced player got involved in trade possibilities.

And what's the ground rules? Do we only renegotiate deals over 200 million? 100 million? 20 million? etc... (see my point?) The owners would keep trying to rachet the figure down as much as humanly possible.

No thanks.

Lip

whitesoxwilkes
12-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
How about Cornell educated???? :cool:

SOT--are you a Cornellian too? I went there for 2 years.

anewman35
12-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

One of your fellow owners gave him this deal, you want him? Honor it! Stop trying to force him to take less money just so you can get him. No wonder the union said no, there would be nothing to stop this from happening every time a high priced player got involved in trade possibilities.

Who said anybody was forcing A-Rod to do anything? Man, you really have such a hatred of owners, it's really hard to take you seriously. It is possible for a player to not mind giving up some money, you know.

MarqSox
12-18-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Here's my answer:

Dear John:

You can have A-Rod tonight, in the next hour, in fact you can get him this very instant!

ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE DEAL AND SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!

And what's the ground rules? Do we only renegotiate deals over 200 million? 100 million? 20 million? etc... (see my point?) The owners would keep trying to rachet the figure down as much as humanly possible.

No thanks.

Lip
That's a ridiculous take on it, Lip. If an owner wants a player to renegotiate, and the player says no, that's the end of it.

In this case, ARod WANTS to give up less money to play on a winner. Why should he be told he can't? Because it might hurt the union? Deal with it.

Lip Man 1
12-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Marq:

With respect you deal with it. Did you read A-Rod's published remarks on this today? (Oh that's right, the union was forcing him to say those things...LOL)

anewman before you condem me may I suggest that you read The Lords Of The Realm by John Helyar of the Wall Street Journal. After reading it I think you'll understand my point of view and that if this happens with A-Rod, the owners will try to take advantage of it at every opportunity. Contracts wouldn't be worth the paper they were printed on if every time a high salaried player is involved in trade negotiations he can be 'asked' to take less money to get the deal done. CBA's and important union / management contracts aren't signed to be subverted at a later date. A deal is a deal. If the Red Sox want him, pay the price. End of discussion.

Lip