PDA

View Full Version : Any possibility of Alomar coming back?

phaedrus
12-17-2003, 05:39 PM
talk in another post about 2nd base got me started so I looked into it. Doesn't look like Robbie's all that thrilled about signing with St. Louis if they're having trouble contacting him. I'd be up for signing him again if he'd agree to our lowered offer - and he may find he's out of better alternatives. Nomar and Robbie up the middle sounds pretty good to me if the price is right.

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/request.dll?PLAYERNOTESARCHIVE&Param0=4189
(hope that link works)

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-17-2003, 05:41 PM
not until may 1st since we didn't offer him arbitration

Daver
12-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus
talk in another post about 2nd base got me started so I looked into it. Doesn't look like Robbie's all that thrilled about signing with St. Louis if they're having trouble contacting him. I'd be up for signing him again if he'd agree to our lowered offer - and he may find he's out of better alternatives. Nomar and Robbie up the middle sounds pretty good to me if the price is right.

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/request.dll?PLAYERNOTESARCHIVE&Param0=4189
(hope that link works)

The Sox can't even negotiate with him until May 1st of 2004.

phaedrus
12-17-2003, 05:44 PM
double turds

MRKARNO
12-17-2003, 05:44 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see him in a red sox uni next year

Jjav829
12-17-2003, 05:50 PM
It sounds like there should be some more good 2B available after Dec. 20 anyways, so I'm not too worried about losing Alomar. Hopefully KW actually pursues one of them. I have no idea how much truth there is too it, but I heard that the Orioles may non tender Jerry Hairston Jr. If so, I'd like to see KW make a run at him. Hopefully Jr. would want to come home and play for the team his old man played for.

Unregistered
12-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I have no idea how much truth there is too it, but I heard that the Orioles may non tender Jerry Hairston Jr. If so, I'd like to see KW make a run at him. Hopefully Jr. would want to come home and play for the team his old man played for. I didn't care for that emotional crap he pulled last year when Bart plunked him. Started freaking out while everyone just kinda stood around and shrugged. Haven't liked him since.

jordan23ventura
12-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I didn't care for that emotional crap he pulled last year when Bart plunked him. Started freaking out while everyone just kinda stood around and shrugged. Haven't liked him since.

I haven't like Hairston since he proved that he sucked. I'd much rather do nothing and have Harris at 2nd base.