PDA

View Full Version : Clear And Simple Right Now...

kevingrt
12-17-2003, 06:03 PM
The White Sox and Red Sox have agreed to the Nomar for MAggs trade if the Manny and A-Rod trade goes through before 6 PM ET on Thurs.

Here's hoping ARod stays in Texas :gulp:

gogosoxgogo
12-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Someone help me out here because I'm hearing so many different things.... is Williamson involved in the Maggs for Garciaparra trade?

gogosoxgogo
12-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Also... if we do another deal with LA, what would be involved... Nomar for Perez/prospects?

doublem23
12-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Someone help me out here because I'm hearing so many different things.... is Williamson involved in the Maggs for Garciaparra trade?

According to Boston Gammons per Sportscenter a few minutes ago, the deal is Maggs for Nomar and Williamson.

I just want to be able to say No-mah!

Thunderstruck30
12-17-2003, 07:26 PM
What exactly was the reason Williams was willing to trade Ordonez? I thought it was to save some money, but if hes gonna trade him for Nomah, that doesnt make sense.

RedPinStripes
12-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
What exactly was the reason Williams was willing to trade Ordonez? I thought it was to save some money, but if hes gonna trade him for Nomah, that doesnt make sense.

To have leverage with teams like LA and the Angels.

gosox41
12-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

I think Nomar will be making a temporary stop in Chicago. I'm not a big fan of the Magglio for Nomar trade. But if the Sox get Williamson as well as Mota, Perez and a top prospect I'd feel a lot better.

Bob

MRKARNO
12-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I think Nomar will be making a temporary stop in Chicago. I'm not a big fan of the Magglio for Nomar trade. But if the Sox get Williamson as well as Mota, Perez and a top prospect I'd feel a lot better.

Bob

Well the Dodgers arent willing to part with Mota or the top prospect, which is why they couldnt be included in the deal

Daver
12-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well the Dodgers arent willing to part with Mota or the top prospect, which is why they couldnt be included in the deal

The Dodgers can't afford to part with anything from their farm,Dan Evans has gutted it to the point that they have about five players that may ever make it to MLB.

Brian26
12-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Daver,

How good is this Mota kid? Does he have closer stuff for the future? Is he a possible Mariano Rivera-type pitcher? Do you know anything about the other young kid KW wanted to get his hands on from LA?

Daver
12-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Daver,

How good is this Mota kid? Does he have closer stuff for the future? Is he a possible Mariano Rivera-type pitcher? Do you know anything about the other young kid KW wanted to get his hands on from LA?

Mota is not a kid,he's thirty years old.

Greg Miller is the prospect in question,the top prospect in the Dodgers organization,I would rate him as a Honel type prospect,not really a question of if he will play in the majors,more like when.He's the real deal.

You might want to double check with Phil though,I know nothing about baseball.

:)

jabrch
12-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Greg Miller is the prospect in question,the top prospect in the Dodgers organization,I would rate him as a Honel type prospect,not really a question of if he will play in the majors,more like when.He's the real deal.

I thought Miller was available, but Edwin Jackson is the guy Evans said was not available. I may be wrong - someone check with Phil.