PDA

View Full Version : Have Fun Phil Rogers

jabrch
12-17-2003, 04:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=citadel-2_214023_260&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Enjoy a friday night with your Cubs fans. (home at 8PM on a Firday night on a chatroom? Must be a great crowd.) I'd suggest cancelling and taking Mrs. Rogers out for dinner or something.

Mammoo
12-17-2003, 04:37 PM
That's OK...we have Dave Wills!!!

Hangar18
12-17-2003, 05:05 PM
(sample questions)
If we get more nite games, do you think we can go to the
world series?

Do you think more chicks will go to games if we play at
nite more?

what do you think of Prior?

BackInBlack
12-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Being in NYC, I don't follow Phil as closely as the rest of you, but I always thought he was one of the good guys -- a White Sox kinda guy?

doublem23
12-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
Being in NYC, I don't follow Phil as closely as the rest of you, but I always thought he was one of the good guys -- a White Sox kinda guy?

Meh... I try my best to avoid editorials in the Tribune sports section, but from what I can tell Phil, like most sports writers, just kind of makes stuff up... He does regularly overdose on the Kubbie Krack. Think Boston Gammons just not as annoying/overtly ridiculous/nationally known.

RedPinStripes
12-17-2003, 05:28 PM
I cant belive he's gonna be in that particular chat room. :?:

Foulke You
12-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack

Well, Les Grobstein is a Cubs guy and he comes here a lot. I think Phil is just trying to be accessible to his readers. Nothing wrong with that. Even if they are Flub fans.

Lip Man 1
12-17-2003, 05:34 PM
For the record:

Phil is a registered member of WSI, has concented to an in depth interview with me (you can find it in the archives) and also was on a live chat room discussion that we had last year organized by Daver.

Phil also works closely with Daver who is his source regarding news and info on the Sox minor league prospects. Daver speaks with him twice a week during the season.

Cut the man some slack.

Lip

doublem23
12-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Cut the man some slack.

Why?

They're called opinions, man. Some people may think Phil Rogers is the best guy in the history of the world, up there with Jesus and Ghandi... Others think he concocts elaborate fantasies...

A-Rod to the Cubs? Good call, Phil.

jabrch
12-17-2003, 07:21 PM
I have no problem with Phil. I just wonder why he would spend Friday night with a bunch of Cubs fans rather than with Mrs. Rogers. Lip, I knew he is a member here, and if he sees this, he is welcome to respond.

BTW, where is Les? He has been awful quiet lately.

Daver
12-17-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by jabrch

BTW, where is Les? He has been awful quiet lately.

He posted a hockey thread in the Lot yesterday.

Brian26
12-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Phil also works closely with Daver who is his source regarding news and info on the Sox minor league prospects. Daver speaks with him twice a week during the season.

Oh, that's where Daver gets all the minor league info! I didn't know Phil was such an avid follower of the Sox system.

:D: :D: :D:

Lip Man 1
12-18-2003, 01:23 AM
Phil isn't but he's smart enough to use someone who is. That's why he relies on Daver's information, it helps him get a sense of what the Sox have and don't have.

Obviously Daver has established himself as knowledgeable, reliable and accurate in this or phil wouldn't keep relying on his expertise.

Lip