PDA

View Full Version : NOMAR is a STUD

tanko
12-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Wow I can't believe people want Mags over Nomar there numbers are the same and Nomar is a shortstop.Plus he is named after his dad's name backwards.

doublem23
12-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Getting Nomar fills a hole in the middle of the infield, but it opens up another gaping hole in the outfield, however, we have more talent stocked in the outfield in the minors, so while we're opening a new hole, it is easier to fill than the one that will be filled.

valposoxfan
12-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by tanko
Wow I can't believe people want Mags over Nomar there numbers are the same and Nomar is a shortstop.Plus he is named after his dad's name backwards.
I don't really understand your point.

Mammoo
12-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Trade for Nomar, he's a stud,
But the union called it a dud.
With a time limit imposed by Pud,
Tom Hicks will ask for blood!
http://www.shakespeare.com/images/new_index/trademark.gif

PaulDrake
12-17-2003, 05:51 PM
I'll take Maggs over Nomar any day. He doesn't want to be here, he wants to go home to S Cal. He hits lousy on the road. Leaving Fenway might not turn out so well for him although its obvious that he and the Red Sox are getting a divorce. Nomar isn't cheap either. We are becoming the Expos, Pirates, Brewers, Reds, etc and everyone here wants to have a party. Am I nuts or is it the rest of you? Don't answer that.

Thunderstruck30
12-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Plus he is named after his dad's name backwards.

What does that have to do with anything???? Besides his first name is Anthony. Nomar is his middle name.

RedPinStripes
12-17-2003, 07:38 PM

And he has 177 different movement he has to do before every pitch and it gets real annoying after the third time he adjusts his batting glove and tries to plant his feet.

munchman33
12-17-2003, 07:44 PM
I think this trade is a steal for the White Sox. Even if Mags outproduces Nomar, that kind of production from the shortstop position is not easy to get.

There are a hellavu lot more productive outfielders out there to be had. And Williamson just makes the deal sweeter.

DSpivack
12-17-2003, 11:25 PM
Plus he is named after his dad's name backwards.

Nomar is a cool name,

but is it better than Magglio?

Magglio is a wickedly awesome name.

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-18-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Nomar is a cool name,

but is it better than Magglio?

Magglio is a wickedly awesome name.

Plus spelled backwards it's OilGgam. That's cool too.
Now, let me get back to sniffing airplane glue. :gulp:

Nick@Nite
12-18-2003, 03:15 AM
Since a wad has been blown on Jose ($5M-worth), I still think it's easier and cheaper to sign Robbie versus going after Mr. Hamm at Maggs' expense.

Wsoxmike59
12-18-2003, 07:18 AM
Maybe KW can work a little southside magic on Nomar and convince him to stay, ala Mark McGwire in St.L. Also the thought never occured to me before, but how 'bout switching Jose Jose Jose to 2B???

CF Aaron Rowand/Willie Harris
2B Jose Valentin
DH F. Thomas
1B Paul Konerko
LF Carlos Lee
SS Nomar Garciaparra
RF Joe Borchard
3B Joe Crede
C Sandy Alomar/Miguel Olivo

I sure hope we keep Nomar, and not move him to L.A. as part of a 3 team swap.

Realist
12-18-2003, 07:36 AM
I dunno about Nomar being that much of a stud (gawd he choked in the playoffs and cost the Red Sox the pennant), but for years I've been saying that Mags is the second most overrated RF in baseball. Sure he has great NUMBERS but how often does he go 4 for 5 in blow out games only to GiDP the next nite with players on first and second and one out with the game on the line? Way too often, if you ask me.

I'd much rather have C.Lee or Valentin or even Crede up under those circumstances.

Get Nomar. Trade Nomar. Load up on pitching.

If we get:

Williamson
Perez
Mota
Miller
Ponson

because we lose Mags, we win.

Christ, I hope Willie Harris is going to be as good as the club is saying he's going to be. Second base is still a glaring hole to me.