PDA

View Full Version : Latest from Jason Stark


MikeKreevich
12-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Just moments ago on ESPN news. Stark stated that the Dodgers are not part of the trade.

Palehose13
12-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by MikeKreevich
Just moments ago on ESPN news. Stark stated that the Dodgers are not part of the trade. :D: Please let this happen!!!

SoxxoS
12-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by MikeKreevich
Just moments ago on ESPN news. Stark stated that the Dodgers are not part of the trade.

No he didn't. He didn't say they weren't part of the trade, he said they MIGHT be getting left out.

Palehose13
12-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
No he didn't. He didn't say they weren't part of the trade, he said they MIGHT be getting left out.
D'OH!!!

ChiSox7
12-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Keep Nomar, trade Konerko for a starter (plus salary), Valentin for Guillen (2.5 mil), sign a decent right fielder or use Reed. I think the most important thing is to find somebody to play second who can get on base. So here would be my lineup.

Guillen - Decent OBP
Rowand - Decent OBP from June on last year when he was health
Nomar - average and OBP
Frank - power
Lee - power
Juan Gone/Reed - power/obp (lefty)
Crede - improvement in everything
Gload
Olivo

Buerhle
Loaiza
Garland
Decent fourth starter for konerko
Diaz/Pancecho/Cotts/Rauch

Koch
Williamson
Marte!
Wunsch
Young guys (Diaz, others)

Thats just me tho. Not too shabby.

jeremyb1
12-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Keep Nomar, trade Konerko for a starter (plus salary), Valentin for Guillen (2.5 mil), sign a decent right fielder or use Reed. I think the most important thing is to find somebody to play second who can get on base. So here would be my lineup.

Guillen - Decent OBP
Rowand - Decent OBP from June on last year when he was health
Nomar - average and OBP
Frank - power
Lee - power
Juan Gone/Reed - power/obp (lefty)
Crede - improvement in everything
Gload
Olivo

Buerhle
Loaiza
Garland
Decent fourth starter for konerko
Diaz/Pancecho/Cotts/Rauch

Koch
Williamson
Marte!
Wunsch
Young guys (Diaz, others)

Thats just me tho. Not too shabby.

Problems: 1) We'd have to include a ton of cash or take on a bad contract to deal Konerko. 2) We don't have the money to sign Juan Gone if we keep Nomar. 3) Valentin for Guillen downgrades our offense without freeing up much salary.

ChiSox7
12-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Jeremy,

I agree with the first two so stick reed out there and take the hit with konerko and get a slightly smaller salary. As for valentin for Guillen, i disagree. We have enough HR hitters on this team and we need OBP badly. Guillen brings a solid OBP so he can come in on those guys HRs. but thats just my thought. plus they save 2.5 mil.

MikeKreevich
12-17-2003, 04:07 PM
A 3:oo p.m. update from Jason Stark has the owners of the Red Sox and Rangers still hung up on money. He said the deal may not happen today.

MikeKreevich
12-17-2003, 04:17 PM
3:15 Stark said the White Sox prospect, who would go through Boston to Texas might be Neil Cotts or Danny Wright. Nomar not happy about coming to White Sox.

MHOUSE
12-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by MikeKreevich
3:15 Stark said the White Sox prospect, who would go through Boston to Texas might be Neil Cotts or Danny Wright. Nomar not happy about coming to White Sox.

I wouldn't call Danny Wrong a prospect, but they can have him. Dealing Cotts would hurt and make the Koch-Foulke deal even more worthless.

Tekijawa
12-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by MikeKreevich
Nomar not happy about coming to White Sox.

I'm a Sox fan and I don't even want to go to the White Sox, I can't imagine Nomar feeling any better about the team

Baby Fisk
12-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I'm a Sox fan and I don't even want to go to the White Sox, I can't imagine Nomar feeling any better about the team

[howls of derisive laughter!] POTW material! :D:

mocca1
12-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Give me a break
Before all of this Namar/Maggs thing started most people on this board were ready to call it quits.
Why doesn't KW make any moves/We are going to suck next year/cry cry cry
HAVE SOME DAMN FAITH IN ARE TEAM
GO SOX!

OurBitchinMinny
12-17-2003, 05:16 PM
This is just me, but why do people think rowand is so good? He has not done much of anything in his career yet. I dont know that he is an everyday player.

jabrch
12-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
This is just me, but why do people think rowand is so good? He has not done much of anything in his career yet. I dont know that he is an everyday player.


Oh boy oh boy oh boy....It's been a long time since we played the old Aaron Rowand Game. I'll start...

hits walls harder than balls
runs in circles under flys like a blind man under a piano
no power
average speed
not a great eye
not a great contact hitter
does flipflops when he throws
can't ride a motorcycle well

Other than that, he'd make a fine 4th OF.

ARE WE DONE?

MRKARNO
12-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
This is just me, but why do people think rowand is so good? He has not done much of anything in his career yet. I dont know that he is an everyday player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?statsId=6742

Well his stats after April aint that bad

Mammoo
12-17-2003, 05:35 PM
I'd like to see him get a full season under his belt with 500 ABs.